News:

If your having any issues logging in, please email admin@milwaukeehdtv.org with your user name, and we'll get you fixed up!

Main Menu

New TWC HD channels and Tivo Guide

Started by Tivoman44, Friday Dec 04, 2009, 02:47:22 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tivoman44

Hello all,
Recently TWC added a handful of HD channels such as G4, MSNBC HD, and NBA and NHL networks.  Prior when they had added things such as CNN HLN HD and a few others I simply re-ran the Tivo guided set up where it asked to confirm your zipcode, cable provider and what your channel 17 and 8 are, do you receive anything premium like HBO and then it connects to get the information and takes about 20 to 30 minutes.  The actual channels work fine and I shouldn't complain but on the guide it will say what the channel is, but no information available meaning you can't set any recordings.  Does anyone know how to fix this?  Do I just have to wait a little longer, I believe the channels were only added yesterday.  Also under my settings I have the guide to show "All" channels instead of anything such as what "You Receive".

Steve

Tivoman44

Thanks Loadstar.  I have not sent information via that link yet but eventually will if it doesn't correct itself.  You have Tivo Series 3 or XL correct?  Have you had this issue with the newer added HD channels?  Like I mentioned before running the guided set up before seemed to fix the problem.  

Also Friday ngiht at 8:50 a handful of channels seem to be pixeling up

LoadStar

Quote from: Tivoman44;54108Thanks Loadstar.  I have not sent information via that link yet but eventually will if it doesn't correct itself.  You have Tivo Series 3 or XL correct?  Have you had this issue with the newer added HD channels?  Like I mentioned before running the guided set up before seemed to fix the problem.  

S3, yes. And yes, none of the new channels except for BBC America HD have guide data yet. I submitted a lineup issue about a week and a half ago... nada. I'll probably put another one in with the latest batch of new channels.

And yeah, I'm getting pixelation on a few channels... FOX 6 HD, BBC America HD, Discovery, Science, and SyFy HD, at least. It's possible that it is the cable "sucking out" of the fittings due to the changing temperature... I'm waiting a bit until it starts settling into the colder temperatures to see if anything improves/degrades/whatever.

Danno321

Quote from: Tivoman44;54108Thanks Loadstar.  I have not sent information via that link yet but eventually will if it doesn't correct itself.  You have Tivo Series 3 or XL correct?  Have you had this issue with the newer added HD channels?  Like I mentioned before running the guided set up before seemed to fix the problem.  

Ditto for me on a Moxi and SA8300HDC.   This must be related to the roll out of the new HD channels.  I live in population dense area of Milwaukee.  I thought SDV was supposed to solve this problem?   Did you also have audio drop outs?  (BTW this started for me AFAIK on Thursday).