News:

If your having any issues logging in, please email admin@milwaukeehdtv.org with your user name, and we'll get you fixed up!

Main Menu

TMJ4 HD 1004 Choppy/Pixels/Sound Drops

Started by samsung_fan, Tuesday Nov 17, 2009, 06:27:39 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

samsung_fan

Ever since the channel re-alignment I have been having problems with TMJ4 HD (1004). We DVR The Office, 30 Rock and Trauma and when we play the shows back I get a choppy, pixelated screen and the audio drops in and out. It doesn't happen during the entire show but it is annoying. Tech came out and said my signal was fine and put a filter on the DVR box. He also said my DVR box (Scientific Atlanta Explorer 8300HDC) is fine. I have a Samsung LN46A650A connected via HDMI to the DVR box.

Anyone else having issues?

Thanks!

leprechaunshawn

I've been having the same issues but its not just on channel 1004.  I'm switching to Direct TV as soon as I get permission from my landlord and can set up an appt with DTV.

basshive

QuoteI'm switching to Direct TV as soon as I get permission from my landlord and can set up an appt with DTV.

Good idea :)
Sony KDF-60XS955 - Living Room
Samsung LN32A450 - Master Bedroom
Samsung BDP-1600
Samsung DVD-HD850
DirecTV HR-21
DirecTV H-20
DirecTV R-22
DirecTV R-15
DirecTV Packers Remote RC64RB
Sling Media Slingbox AV - SB240-100
Yamaha YSP-900BL Digital Sound Projector Home Theater Speaker System
AppleTV
Microsoft XBOX 360
Harmony Advanced Universal Remote for Xbox 360

samsung_fan

You don't see these issues with Direct TV?

basshive

I do not see these issues at all.  WTMJ gets heavy use in our house and I have not seen any problems at all.
Sony KDF-60XS955 - Living Room
Samsung LN32A450 - Master Bedroom
Samsung BDP-1600
Samsung DVD-HD850
DirecTV HR-21
DirecTV H-20
DirecTV R-22
DirecTV R-15
DirecTV Packers Remote RC64RB
Sling Media Slingbox AV - SB240-100
Yamaha YSP-900BL Digital Sound Projector Home Theater Speaker System
AppleTV
Microsoft XBOX 360
Harmony Advanced Universal Remote for Xbox 360

Jack 1000

Quote from: samsung_fan;53963You don't see these issues with Direct TV?

I don't see those issues with TWC either concerning problems with 1004 WTMJ-HD. The picture is clear as always.  Now I don't watch local channel 4 that much to make a firm evaluation, but since 75% is now news, from what I have seen, the channel is just as clear as it was before the new digital line up.

While I understand the frustration of many with TWC, I would hope that the user who said he was going to another provider wasn't doing so over just ONE channel!  You could always call TWC back for another service appointment, but make sure to specifically ask for an "In House Tech" NOT an independent contractor.  The IHT, are 100 times better than the  IC!'s.  Ask them to please check the cable drop line outside your home.  We did that once and they replaced the line and got the right signal strength. (Our range was a little too high.)  And my box that used to reboot twice a week is now only doing it maybe twice a month.

A lot of times the signal inside the home may be good, but there may be a problem with the signal outside the home at the drop-pole causing the break-up, even if it's only on a few channels.  I would agree with your first tech that it is not a box issue.  Never heard of a noise filter on the box.  However, I have heard of noise filters and signal amplifiers on the cable line.  But if the lines are bad, cable can change them.  Worked for me.

Jack
Cisco 9865 DVR with Navigator Guide

samsung_fan

Thank you for your reply. The tech did check the strength on the pole and said it was fine. I have no clue if this tech is was an "in house tech".

Now this issue is happening on ABC (1012). While watching "V" I got pixels and the screen froze. I'll see what happens tonight when we watch NBC.