• Welcome to Milwaukee HDTV User Group.

News:

If your having any issues logging in, please email admin@milwaukeehdtv.org with your user name, and we'll get you fixed up!

Main Menu

New TWC HD Channels in Test Mode!!!

Started by Jack 1000, Wednesday Nov 04, 2009, 04:39:00 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

JeffreyC2007

Quote from: Jack 1000;54263Jeff,

Are they all coming in?  Because for the last couple days the only ones that had video were Fuse and QVC.  However, the placeholders are in effect for all those channels.  Expect them to move to their regular positions, (found by adding a "1" to their Standard Definition equivalent station, ) about one week (or less) from the time that video is available on all of them.

Jack

Show 2 came in for a brief moment and then the channel unavailable message appeared.

cnjbucks

I am excited about the current set of channels in testing.  I've waited for multiple HBO for a long time.  The second set is optimistic as well.  The only other channel I would like to see is NFL network, but then may never happen.

I do miss HDNet as well for movies and hockey games.

gparris

Quote from: cnjbucks;54273I am excited about the current set of channels in testing.  I've waited for multiple HBO for a long time.  The second set is optimistic as well.  The only other channel I would like to see is NFL network, but then may never happen.

I do miss HDNet as well for movies and hockey games.

Same here, but when the placeholders started offering what I thought was real programming tonight, there were different HD channels in their place (outside of FUSE HD and QVCHD) with the placeholder channel title intact, just not there (yet) for a few of them, particularily, the HD movie channels, very odd.
Additionally, I tried recording a movie on StarzHD and all it recorded was that "Channel not available, press A", etc. crap, so I missed out on my recording.
I guess is that you have to be on that station at the time of recording so close to the placeholder channel numbers, or suffer the fate of SDV messing with you.:bang:

Jack 1000

They are all active in test mode, BUT some seem to be showing the wrong channel.

Showtime 2 HD-Fine
TMC HD-(Don't get TMC)
CBS COLLEGE SPORTS HD-Not sure what is here, could be right, but everytime there is a commercial with sidebars
FUSE HD-Fine
QVCHD-Fine
ENCORE HD- (Don't get Encore)
HBO 2 HD- Is incorrectly showing Style HD
HBO FAMILY HD-Is incorrectly showing Weather Channel HD
MOREMAX HD-(Don't get Cinemax)
ACTIONMAX HD-(Don't get Cinemanx)
TENNIS HD-Is definitely NOT showing Tennis Channel.  Not sure what it is, might be one of the HBO stations, but it is in HD.

Jack
Cisco 9865 DVR with Navigator Guide

gparris

Quote from: Jack 1000;54285They are all active in test mode, BUT some seem to be showing the wrong channel.

Showtime 2 HD-Fine
TMC HD-(Don't get TMC)
CBS COLLEGE SPORTS HD-Not sure what is here, could be right, but everytime there is a commercial with sidebars
FUSE HD-Fine
QVCHD-Fine
TENNIS HD-Is definitely NOT showing Tennis Channel.  Not sure what it is, might be one of the HBO stations, but it is in HD.

Jack
Sho2HD is coming in, but no HBO2HD, HBO Family HD or any of the CinemaxHD added channels...I don't get the TMC or Encore channels, so I would assume these are still a no-go yet, either.

Jack 1000

UPDATE: December 16, 2009

They are all active in test mode, BUT some seem to be showing the wrong channel.

Showtime 2 HD-Fine
TMC HD-(Don't get TMC)
CBS COLLEGE SPORTS HD-Is actually E!-HD
FUSE HD-Fine
QVCHD-Fine
TENNIS HD- Is Fine

Jack

gparris

Quote from: Jack 1000;54295UPDATE: December 16, 2009

Showtime 2 HD-Fine
TMC HD-(Don't get TMC)
CBS COLLEGE SPORTS HD-Is actually E!-HD
FUSE HD-Fine
QVCHD-Fine
TENNIS HD- Is Fine

Jack

All the HD channels are watchable in the test slots, including the premiums that I get (exception being the TMC and Encore HD channels I don't that I can't check out:D).

Jack 1000

All test channels now show correct HD programing except:

CBS COLLEGE SPORTS HD-Is incorrectly showing E!-HD

Good progress.

Jack

gparris

The good news:
All test channels are in the standard HD locations, no more placeholders for the HD channels we have had for the past week or so as test channels.
The bad news:.
Be careful of the 1500 series HDMOD channels, these are PPVHD channels mixed in of individual movies.
-An unsuspecting family member could select these as a standard "view" and rack up your cable bill...:eek:

popegreg

I see the new channels are all showing up in the guide now.

One new one that hasn't been mentioned, I think, is Showtime HD On Demand.  It looks like there's some great series offerings, all episodes of the most recent seasons of Weeds, Dexter, Secret Diary, Californication, etc.

oz

Quote from: popegreg;54325I see the new channels are all showing up in the guide now.

One new one that hasn't been mentioned, I think, is Showtime HD On Demand.  It looks like there's some great series offerings, all episodes of the most recent seasons of Weeds, Dexter, Secret Diary, Californication, etc.

This is a great idea. I'd like to see HBO HD on Demand as well.

Jack 1000

As of this morning CBS-College Sports HD was still in test mode.  All others are in proper locations.

Jack

gparris

Quote from: oz;54342This is a great idea. I'd like to see HBO HD on Demand as well.

Same here, you would think that because HBO is part of Time Warner, why wouldn't TWC not have HBO HD on Demand even before adding Showtime HD on Demand, but you never know.:huh?:

gparris

After several new HD channel additions, TWC had cleaned up its test area until last night. Now placeholders of existing channels have once again been added.

This means that if TWC follows its usual practice, it later adds the new channel additions into the channel placeholders, tests these out and in about a week or so later, the new channel additions fill in their regular, assigned slots.

There are new HD channels coming per the programming notices section on their site, adding MTV HD, Comedy Central HD, Spike HD, BET HD, Nickelodeon HD, VH1 HD, CMT HD...so it is just a matter of time.;)

Jack 1000

Quote from: gparris;54515After several new HD channel additions, TWC had cleaned up its test area until last night. Now placeholders of existing channels have once again been added.

This means that if TWC follows its usual practice, it later adds the new channel additions into the channel placeholders, tests these out and in about a week or so later, the new channel additions fill in their regular, assigned slots.

There are new HD channels coming per the programming notices section on their site, adding MTV HD, Comedy Central HD, Spike HD, BET HD, Nickelodeon HD, VH1 HD, CMT HD...so it is just a matter of time.;)

Thanks GP,

Here are the PLACE HOLDERS for the new HD channels.

MTV-HD-1960
Comedy Central-HD-1961 (Labeled as Comedy Central HD On Demand?)
Spike-HD 1962
Bet HD-1963
Nick-HD 1964
VH1-HD 1965
CMT-HD 1966
Game2-HD-1967

In checking with other divisions, the roll-out for these channels is anywhere from January 18th to January 31.  Video will probably be on those channels by next Monday, with the channels in regular slots, (adding a 1 to the SD station) before the end of the month.

So with these additions, where is TWC-Milwaukee for HD channels, like 90 stations?  We are getting closer to the Satellite and U-Verse guys for HD, finally!

Jack