News:

If your having any issues logging in, please email admin@milwaukeehdtv.org with your user name, and we'll get you fixed up!

Main Menu

Direct TV stretching problem

Started by gb4fan92, Thursday Oct 29, 2009, 12:11:09 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

gb4fan92

My mom asked me about her tv. She says that when ever she watches a non-hd show on channel 6 she gets sidebars on her picture yet no other channel does it. (she likes a full screen for all shows). As I was watching wheel of fortune is saw the sidebars and remembered we always get it on channel 58, but I don't think we get it sidebars on channel 6. I call her up and asked if she was watching the wheel of fortune. She was. I asked if she had sidebars and she said no, a full screen. She said during the day she had sidebars on channel 6 but when she turned it on at that moment they were gone (baseball was on).
     I then checked my other tv and it also had side bars for channel 58. She has a non DVR HD receiver.   I have both a non-dvr and a dvr.

Can anyone tell me whats up?  How to fix a single channel??  Thanks!

jimbop99

I'm just guessing, but when an HD channel has on certain shows that aren't in HD the station puts on the side bars. Could this be the situation?

gb4fan92

That was my original thought.  But her tv shows bars on one channel that mine doesn't and vise-versa mine has bars on one channel that hers doesn't. So that can't be it.

AndrewP

I think it depends on the receiver model. I have HR20 and HR21, and on one of them I have sidebars an on another one I don't have sidebars on some SD shows. And it not for all shows. Never saw it in ch. 6. I never actually watch SD shows, only I noticed it when Brewers were in SD.

gb4fan92

just find it odd that is channel specific.  i would think it would be all or nothing!