News:

If your having any issues logging in, please email admin@milwaukeehdtv.org with your user name, and we'll get you fixed up!

Main Menu

FOX 6 Digital Antenna Finished

Started by Chuck from FOX, Thursday Oct 29, 2009, 01:22:54 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Northern Fringe

I can see an improvement in FOX6's signal up here in Oshkosh.  When WISN and WTMJ (for example) are breaking up into tiles, FOX6 is still solid.  In the past, they would've been breaking up also.  It's a welcome improvement.  Thanks for spending the money and making the effort to do this work!!!

AA9VI

CHUCK,
   Well, I guess your team's great work couldn't stand for even a week without the someone trying to muck it up!

http://www.fcc.gov/fcc-bin/tvq?call=WCHU&city=&state=

See what's on channel 33 now and I think they have an application  to go up to 15 kW.  Like I said before, I WAS thrilled to get FOX 6 after the antenna work now the FCC allows this to happen which all but wipes out WITI in my neck of the woods.

Can you raise an objection?  This is utterly ridiculous!  PLEASE FOR THE LOVE OF GOD STOP THIS TRAIN WRECK OF AN APPLICATION!

UPDATE:  WCHU-LP has a temporary authority to broadcast at 15 kW ERP and started today. DISASTER!

AA9VI

Yeah, WITI is completely gone now.  Just got home to check.  It was rock solid.
WCHU sucks.

troyriley

Quote from: AA9VI;53859Yeah, WITI is completely gone now.  Just got home to check.  It was rock solid.
WCHU sucks.

Way to go, FCC. Take away a full-power station people actually watch and put a useless station probably nobody watches on the same frequency. These low-power stations should be assigned to channels 2-6 when there are no full-power stations on those frequencies.

AA9VI

Quote from: troyriley;53865Way to go, FCC. Take away a full-power station people actually watch and put a useless station probably nobody watches on the same frequency. These low-power stations should be assigned to channels 2-6 when there are no full-power stations on those frequencies.

Well, i've lived with not getting WISN since a local religious station on analog 34 (and ALSO on 62-2, digital 36) wipes them out.  I didn't complain since I don't watch them.  But I do watch WITI, WDJT, and WMVT.  I used to watch WGCV more until some home shopping affiliate on analog 25 wiped them out.

This pattern has to stop.  That analog 25 is moving at some point so I should have my WCGV problem taken care of... who know how long that will take.  

The problem with WITI just started yesterday so I hope we can stop it in its tracks. I already submitted a complaint with the FCC.  We'll see if that does anything.  I've heard it doesn't matter unless the broadcaster complains.  Chuck knows, so I'm in a wait and see mode.

troyriley

Here's what I would argue... Northbrook is only 65 miles away from downtown Milwaukee (as the crow flies). From that relatively short distance, you should be able to receive broadcast TV stations without interference from another station on the same frequency.

I'll never understand how the FCC would allow this co-channel interference.

AA9VI

If only the FCC saw it that way...  Seems like common sense to me.

Like I remarked before, VHF is underused and would be suitable for these LD stations.  UHF is overused to the point where there is very little good spectrum left.