News:

If your having any issues logging in, please email admin@milwaukeehdtv.org with your user name, and we'll get you fixed up!

Main Menu

FOX 6 Digital Antenna Finished

Started by Chuck from FOX, Thursday Oct 29, 2009, 01:22:54 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Chuck from FOX

FYI:

WITI FOX 6's new full power top mounted antenna is now complete - the line has been swept and we are operating at 1,000,000 watts of power from 1051 feet.  We were broadcasting using our stand-by antenna, which is at about 868 feet - so there is a substantive difference in height which will help in both the outer areas of our signal and in some of the lower level elevations.

Both 6.1 and 6.2 benefit from the new antenna.

For a view from the top of the tower during the work you can go here - http://www.fox6now.com/search/witi-091013-fox6-analog-antenna-pg-001,0,499071.photo

Weather became a bit of an issue for us in the end, but the project was completed safely.  Thanks for putting up w/ all of the powering down and up at the transmitter - I'm sure I spoke to a few of you out there and I'm glad to say the work is now complete.

On to our next project - I think you'll like it!

Chuck Steinmetz
President/General Manager
WITI FOX 6

Bluto

Good news, Chuck!

And we've been hearing rumors about your new project. :D

AA9VI

great job Chuck and team!  I'll give you a signal report from Northbrook, IL tonight.  That should be a decent barometer for improvement on the fringe.

Looking forward to more NFL games from Milwaukee!

Care to leak a teaser on the next project?

Chuck from FOX

I can't let out any details, but it's very 'clear' that you guys will like it.

Bebop

Panasonic TH-50PX60U
Panasonic TH-42PZ85U
HDHomeRun

Steve Mann

Quote from: Chuck from FOX;53839I can't let out any details, but it's very 'clear' that you guys will like it.

No details? How about a time frame? That's not a detail, is it?  :)
Steve M. Mann
Panasonic AX200U Projector
Carada 126" 16:9 Fixed Screen
1 - HR20-100 DirecTV HD PVR
1 - HR24-500 DirecTV HD PVR
My Theater
Theater Construction Album

NET10

Going HD after the big game Sunday??

Jack 1000

Thanks Chuck for reporting the details to us!!!  Great work by you and the staff!

Jack
Cisco 9865 DVR with Navigator Guide

AA9VI

Reception report from Northbrook, IL (Lake and Cook Co. line, 2 miles from Lake Mich.)
WOW!  What an improvement!  From this AM:  Signal to noise is 52.  I can solidly say you guys are kicking WDJT's ass now.  Hard to believe that.  Only stations that come in better are WMVT (SNR=67) and WPXE (SNR=59).

Antenna: Channel Master 2020
Preamp: Channel Master 7777
Height= 27-30' up
Receiver= Hitachi 42HDT79

SRW1000

Quote from: Steve Mann;53841No details? How about a time frame? That's not a detail, is it?  :)
This could be a hint.

Stanley Kritzik

I'm sorry -- I watched the game Sunday, and the color was lousy -- Farve in purple.  Also, by game's end I was sick to my stomach, undoubtedly RF radiation sickness.  And, while I had "sick", the Packers had "sack".  Can we go back to the old antenna (or something) please?

Stan

(Actually, great signal, but lousy performance.):bang:

tencom

At one time the Minnesota Vikings, were refered to as the Purple People Eaters!

Steve Mann

Quote from: tencom;53852At one time the Minnesota Vikings, were refered to as the Purple People Eaters!

Now it's more like the Purple Packer Eaters.
Steve M. Mann
Panasonic AX200U Projector
Carada 126" 16:9 Fixed Screen
1 - HR20-100 DirecTV HD PVR
1 - HR24-500 DirecTV HD PVR
My Theater
Theater Construction Album

Stanley Kritzik

Well, 6.1 may be done, but WUWM is still futzing around on low power.  Such is the case today (Tuesday, 11/3).  From morning on into the afternoon, UWM was putting out a weak signal.

Stan

WPXE ION

There is still equipment on the tower needs to come down. The park was closed today when I drove by.