News:

If your having any issues logging in, please email admin@milwaukeehdtv.org with your user name, and we'll get you fixed up!

Main Menu

My Network 24.1 HD problem

Started by atigod, Thursday Oct 22, 2009, 12:38:32 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

atigod

Friday Night Smackdown on 10-16-09 did not switch to hd right when it aired, the show started with the sd and blue bars, and after it was showing it then switched to HD!! Id like to know why this happened? this has happened alot in the past too with other shows, not just Smackdown. Other networks dont have this problem and this is very basic stuff! I know you guys care cause you replaced the encoder and such, so I hope you can fix this problem and give some info

Jimboy

We haven't had switching problems. At least none I can remember in recent memory. Whatever was received by the HD network receiver is what went out on the air at 7pm. Our asrun log confirms this. Smackdown does use upconverted SD material with blue bars on the side from time to time.

You're right, it is very basic stuff...that's why it's so hard to screw it up.

atigod

Quote from: Jimboy;53779Smackdown does use upconverted SD material with blue bars on the side from time to time.

You're right, it is very basic stuff...that's why it's so hard to screw it up.

When the the show first aired they were showing last weeks highlights, so it was supposed to be HD, your saying they sent it like that to you guys, thats very bad. could you call them or send them a email making sure it doesnt happen again? cause if its not on your end, and its cause they sent it like that, then this needs to be fixed!

LoadStar

Quote from: atigod;53782When the the show first aired they were showing last weeks highlights, so it was supposed to be HD, your saying they sent it like that to you guys, thats very bad. could you call them or send them a email making sure it doesnt happen again? cause if its not on your end, and its cause they sent it like that, then this needs to be fixed!

That's their decision how they want to format certain footage. If they want to send it pillarboxed, that's not something an affiliate has any real input on.

techguy1975

It sounds like it was only in SD for a few moments, I'm assuming for the highlights from last week + maybe the show open...is it really that big of a deal and worth causing all this drama?

atigod

Quote from: techboywi;53787It sounds like it was only in SD for a few moments, I'm assuming for the highlights from last week + maybe the show open...is it really that big of a deal and worth causing all this drama?

no other network really has this problem but mynetwork, HD should be done right not sloppy

jjallou

Quote from: atigod;53789no other network really has this problem but mynetwork, HD should be done right not sloppy

No other network does this? Yea, right!

Ever watch ABC, NBC, CBS, or even ESPN when they use SD footage, they always insert their own silly sidebars into the picture. Every network has this problem. It's called using 4:3 footage in a HD world.

Really, there's more to life than getting worked up over tv.

tencom

Quote from: jjallou;53790Really, there's more to life than getting worked up over tv.

I whole-heartly agree

atigod

Quote from: jjallou;53790No other network does this? Yea, right!

Ever watch ABC, NBC, CBS, or even ESPN when they use SD footage, they always insert their own silly sidebars into the picture. Every network has this problem. It's called using 4:3 footage in a HD world.

Really, there's more to life than getting worked up over tv.

who said I was getting worked up! like you can really tell through text! If a network has the HD footage, they should show it, simple as that, there is no excuse, none at all. but saying a "Really, there's more to life" quote is just ignorant. and I rather call a Engineer about this problem, rather than use a forum but that's not going to happen!!!