News:

If your having any issues logging in, please email admin@milwaukeehdtv.org with your user name, and we'll get you fixed up!

Main Menu

Glitch At Fox Freezes Packer Game In Madison

Started by bschlafer, Sunday Sep 27, 2009, 07:51:52 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

bschlafer

Bummer.  I bet WMSN's phone was ringing!

Glitch at Fox freezes Packers broadcast
State Journal staff | Posted: Sunday, September 27, 2009 2:40 pm | Loading...

The Green Bay Packers game on Fox 47 froze unexpectedly for Charter Communications customers for about an hour today. The problem lasted through half-time with the signal returning about halfway through the third quarter.

The St. Louis Rams scored two touchdowns and a field goal during the technical difficulties.

The problem only affected fans watching the game on standard definition cable, not on regular broadcast television or satellite television.

FOX 47/WMSN apologized for any inconvenience, the station said on its Web site.

While I didn't experience anything like this with today's OTA broadcast from WITI-DT's HD broadcast, I did notice 2-3 seconds of no signal that occured about seven or eight times during the game.  

Did anyone else see this?  Just wondering if it was a problem with my antenna, WITI's fault, or a Fox network issue like they we're having in Madison.

*Bill

murdoc

I tried to time shift the Packer game and missed the entire 1st half.  It was recording via OTA 6-1 on my HR22-100.  I hit play, the picture and audio stuttered and kept looping the same 3 seconds.  I tried to fast forward and 30 second skip past it, but it wasn't having it.  I watched the rest of the game live.  

This has happened once before to me as well.  I forget what I had recorded, but it did the same thing stuttering and looping the first 3 seconds or so.  Never had this problem before D* rolled out the "new" software.  Not sure if this is a D* issue or a network issue, but I'd like to be able to download software updates on my own, not have them forced on me.  My 3G iPhone is still on 3.0.1 since 3G users are reporting random freezes on 3.1.