News:

If your having any issues logging in, please email admin@milwaukeehdtv.org with your user name, and we'll get you fixed up!

Main Menu

Help me get started using TWC Digital Access Package

Started by METROmilwaukee, Tuesday Sep 01, 2009, 09:18:01 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

METROmilwaukee

I stop into TWC hwy100 & Greenfield office to report a tree branch hanging on their cable that will snap their cable this winter once a snow load occurs.

They "up-sold" me from plain old no premium channels cable access with Internet to their Digital Access Package by telling me we will now --only-- pay $102mo instead of $111mo we are currently paying for TV and Internet.

I walked out "upgraded" with a ScientificAtlanta Explorer 3250HD (not Loop-through model) and some cables. We currently have 3 SDTVs in use throughout the house using splitters from the line drop that enters the house and for the time being need to continue to use SDTV sets.

The salesperson told me the box I left with and the service plan would allow us to get the digital programming on all of the SDTVs throughout the house. I need some hand holding to get all current SDTVs connected and (split?) so we can start enjoying the digital programming...

Rick_EE

I am not sure how one box will allow all your TV's to work, unless you watch the same channel on all of them.

klwillis45

Do you have straight in coax to all your sets?
It sounds like it and the simple answer is you won't get the channels above 100 unless you put a box at each set.

METROmilwaukee

Quote from: klwillis45;53373Do you have straight in coax to all your sets?
It sounds like it and the simple answer is you won't get the channels above 100 unless you put a box at each set.

Yes, its all coax from the point of entry to a splitter probably all RG-58 to each set. There are no boxes on any of my cables. If this were ethernet I would be connecting the antennae to a switched router of some type and then cable to the interface on the receiving end.

So if I cable this box TWC gave me to one SDTV set that set will get the channels above 100 --and-- the other sets on the coax will still continue to receive all channels under 100 --and-- remain capable of being tuned to any channel?

Rick_EE

Quote from: METROmilwaukee;53375So if I cable this box TWC gave me to one SDTV set that set will get the channels above 100 --and-- the other sets on the coax will still continue to receive all channels under 100 --and-- remain capable of being tuned to any channel?

Yes, that is how it will be.

METROmilwaukee

Quote from: Rick_EE;53377Yes, that is how it will be.

Thank you for your comments. Any recommendations for the lowest cost boxes to equal the HD features of the Scientific Atlanta Explorer 3250HD TWC gave me? Curiously this box does not have an HDMI interface.

LoadStar

Quote from: METROmilwaukee;53380Thank you for your comments. Any recommendations for the lowest cost boxes to equal the HD features of the Scientific Atlanta Explorer 3250HD TWC gave me? Curiously this box does not have an HDMI interface.

What do you mean, "lowest cost boxes." You mean cable boxes? If so, all of Time Warner's boxes (aside from the DVR models) rent for the same price, and you cannot buy and provide your own.