• Welcome to Milwaukee HDTV User Group.

News:

If your having any issues logging in, please email admin@milwaukeehdtv.org with your user name, and we'll get you fixed up!

Main Menu

Reminder - FOX 6 Tower Work

Started by Chuck from FOX, Wednesday Aug 26, 2009, 02:08:49 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Chuck from FOX

Hey guys - just a reminder that we have started the first stages of the tower work for our new top mounted broadcast antenna.  Over the next few weeks there will be periodic interruptions of our broadcast signal depending on where the crew is located on the tower.

In the end, we will have a better, taller, OTA antenna that will help viewers in lower elevations or on the outer circle of our broadcast pattern.  We will also have a full power back up antenna available.

Thanks in advance for your patience.

Chuck Steinmetz
President/General Manager
WITI FOX 6

Steve Mann

I thought this had already started? I haven't had OTA reception of 6.1 on the bedroom TV for over 2 weeks. I thought it was because of the antenna work. I must have other issues? All the other channels are coming in as they should... Guess I better investigate.
Steve M. Mann
Panasonic AX200U Projector
Carada 126" 16:9 Fixed Screen
1 - HR20-100 DirecTV HD PVR
1 - HR24-500 DirecTV HD PVR
My Theater
Theater Construction Album

Chuck from FOX

Quote from: Steve Mann;53268I thought this had already started? I haven't had OTA reception of 6.1 on the bedroom TV for over 2 weeks. I thought it was because of the antenna work. I must have other issues? All the other channels are coming in as they should... Guess I better investigate.

What part of town do you live in?  We have been full power the last two weeks...

Steve Mann

Out west a bit.. Pewaukee. But, I've always had solid reception in the past.

Sounds like I should try a rescan. Just seems strange that it would be working one day, then not another. I just associated it with the tower work.
Steve M. Mann
My Theater

Steve Mann

Update... A rescan didn't fix things. It didn't find 6 at all. So, I guess I'm going to have to keep looking...
Steve M. Mann
My Theater

bschlafer

I'm currently receiving channel 6.1 here in Sussex at about 75% signal strength with an attic mounted antenna.

*Bill

Steve Mann

Well, it appears it's a problem with just the one 'off-air' TV in the bedroom.

My downstairs DVR gets 6.1 off-air just fine. I split the antenna lead that feeds the DVR and ran a feed upstairs to the new Vizio flatscreen. It's possible I have a short or something in the coax I guess... maybe it's 'notching' out the 6.1 freq. I'll have to recheck my connections. I'll put some rabbit ears on the TV this weekend to see if that allows me to receive 6. If so, then I'll know the problem is in the new cabling. Still funny that it's just the one channel...
Steve M. Mann
My Theater