News:

If your having any issues logging in, please email admin@milwaukeehdtv.org with your user name, and we'll get you fixed up!

Main Menu

Favorites Sort

Started by greg210, Thursday Aug 27, 2009, 11:11:21 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

greg210

The favorites sort option has disappeared from my TWC HD DVR box as of yesterday and tech support sent out a tech. He was clueless and said they must have upgraded something in the software. He said maybe I should go get a new box but I have a lot of stuff saved on this one. Anyone else experience this?

This is a feature in the settings/favorites/setup favorites/favorites sort menu. Gives you the option of viewing the favorite channels in the guide as a group rather than scrolling thru all the channels. The sort option is no longer available.

Thing is I have a HD NON dvr box in the bedroom and that still has the options. Go figure?

Any ideas??  :huh?:

Thanx

Caldwell

Yesterday it happened to me too with on the 8300HD. Normally the cable box is left on with only the TV turned off but it I did have to restart it. So I'm guessing that it did pick up a sofware upgrade. That's not good. I haven't contacted TW yet but I will. I highly depend on this feature to make sense of the guide.

greg210

Well I figured it out................When in the guide press the favorites button on the remote. It goes thru the guide but only to the channels you have designated as favorites.  The favorites are no longer segregated from the rest of the channels as when the sort feature was operational but using the favorites button only stops on the favorites.This is the way it used to work when TWC was using the PASPORT software.

If you are not in the guide it just jumps to the next favorite channel so make sure you are in the guide when pressing the button.

How come the techs don't know this stuff???

Jack 1000

It has nothing to do with the box and is a part of the software update.  Personally, I think it was stupid of TWC to remove the Sort By Favorites option.  The way it works now it is like Passport, you click on the the Guide and than use the FAV button to scroll sequentially through the list.  Without the guide on-screen, press Favorites to go from one Favorite Channel to the next.

This update was for the non-C boxes.  If you have a C-box, you may already have experienced this change, or soon will.

Jack
Cisco 9865 DVR with Navigator Guide

greg210

Then why aren't the techs up to speed on this?? They send a guy to the house and waste everyone's time and it turns out they are clueless!!! They guy says go get a C box...maybe it will work on that!!!:confused:

greg210

Well if you saw the Journal Sentinel this AM it's a moot point as TWC is redoing the ENTIRE lineup in a new format in October. And yes the techs had no clue.