• Welcome to Milwaukee HDTV User Group.

News:

If your having any issues logging in, please email admin@milwaukeehdtv.org with your user name, and we'll get you fixed up!

Main Menu

Timewarner outage on 8/23/09

Started by tbarney, Monday Aug 24, 2009, 06:12:00 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

tbarney

Did any other board members experience internet problems with TWC on Sunday evening, about 10pm? I had intermitient problems, for example, vonage worked just fine, but most sites (except espn and a few others) would never open.  I figured it was just something with my vonage router and might clean itself up. Today at work I heard a few people talking about the same thing. I was wondering if anyone heard what the issue was.

duncantuna

Nope, but both TV and RR were out for 6 hours today (8/24), from 2pm-8pm.  Outage was widespread.  (Shorewood, Glendale, WFB.)

LoadStar

Quote from: tbarney;53232Did any other board members experience internet problems with TWC on Sunday evening, about 10pm? I had intermitient problems, for example, vonage worked just fine, but most sites (except espn and a few others) would never open.  I figured it was just something with my vonage router and might clean itself up. Today at work I heard a few people talking about the same thing. I was wondering if anyone heard what the issue was.

Yes. It appears to have been an issue with one of RR's routers, ae-1-0.pr0.chi10.tbone.rr.com... some traffic was getting out, but most wasn't. For instance, I could pull up bing.com, but not google.com; engadget.com but not gizmodo.com. So on, and so forth.

I just set up an ssh tunnel through a box at work and worked that way for the night.

REVM1M

I thought it was my router and kept rebooting them last night.I was going nuts.

Jack 1000

Quote from: tbarney;53232Did any other board members experience internet problems with TWC on Sunday evening, about 10pm? I had intermitient problems, for example, vonage worked just fine, but most sites (except espn and a few others) would never open.  I figured it was just something with my vonage router and might clean itself up. Today at work I heard a few people talking about the same thing. I was wondering if anyone heard what the issue was.

Yes,

When I called the automated system said their was no outage, but the CSR said that there was and to wait for two hours.  If service was not restored by than, to call back for a modem reset.  It went out about 10 PM and service was restored about 12:20am.

Jack
Cisco 9865 DVR with Navigator Guide

John L

Thought maybe my computer or something was going crazy at 10pm Sunday night. No email, no web service except Facebook...thats all that worked was Facebook. I was puzzled to say the least.  Glad it wasn't my computer this time.  I think RR customers should receive some credit for this on their next bill.

I noticed here at work my DXer account email did not load onto my pc last night, but all over email accounts loaded just fine.

-John L.