• Welcome to Milwaukee HDTV User Group.

News:

If your having any issues logging in, please email admin@milwaukeehdtv.org with your user name, and we'll get you fixed up!

Main Menu

Thanks CBS 58

Started by leprechaunshawn, Sunday Aug 09, 2009, 04:56:26 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

leprechaunshawn

I really appreciate it when our local stations interrupt the network HD broadcast to tell me about severe weather.  It's 2009, there is no excuse for not being able to run your weather crawls without interrupting an HD broadcast.

Jack 1000

Quote from: leprechaunshawn;53063I really appreciate it when our local stations interrupt the network HD broadcast to tell me about severe weather.  It's 2009, there is no excuse for not being able to run your weather crawls without interrupting an HD broadcast.

Agree 100%!  At least update your screen crawlers to HD when bad weather strikes so as not to effect the picture quality of HD broadcasts.

Jack
Cisco 9865 DVR with Navigator Guide

basshive

So now that Packer season is upon us I had to "move" our service back to the Wisconsin address from our Chicago address.

First thing my wife says, "are we going to be stuck with all the Milwaukee weather interuptions???"

ROFL.. I had almost forgotten how bad it is and I am already sick of heading "Todays TMJ4 ****HD****" over and over and over...  Almost as bad as the weather is the actual quality of the broadcasts (NBC&CBS). No comparison, but football > all so it will be ok for a bit! :)
Sony KDF-60XS955 - Living Room
Samsung LN32A450 - Master Bedroom
Samsung BDP-1600
Samsung DVD-HD850
DirecTV HR-21
DirecTV H-20
DirecTV R-22
DirecTV R-15
DirecTV Packers Remote RC64RB
Sling Media Slingbox AV - SB240-100
Yamaha YSP-900BL Digital Sound Projector Home Theater Speaker System
AppleTV
Microsoft XBOX 360
Harmony Advanced Universal Remote for Xbox 360

troyriley

Quote from: basshive;53167So now that Packer season is upon us I had to "move" our service back to the Wisconsin address from our Chicago address.

First thing my wife says, "are we going to be stuck with all the Milwaukee weather interuptions???"

On the positive note, at least you'll know now if there is a tornado heading towards your house. When you pretended to be a FIB, Chicago channels weren't give a hoot about Milwaukee weather and alert you of that. Isn't safety the most important thing here?

CrashCamomilli

I think the point is that with current technology, they could find a better way to alert people.

This is a common complaint here on the forums.

With banners, and multiple digital streams, they could alert you to switch to their weather channel if you think it may be important.

Personally, i expect the City's sirens to alert me of any possible tornado or such, and I'm not so thick as to not notice severe weather.

Many people simply check the internet for severe weather these days, and some can do a picture in picture to check the weather channel if they want.

techguy1975

Quote from: CrashCamomilli;53181I think the point is that with current technology, they could find a better way to alert people.

This is a common complaint here on the forums.

With banners, and multiple digital streams, they could alert you to switch to their weather channel if you think it may be important.

Personally, i expect the City's sirens to alert me of any possible tornado or such, and I'm not so thick as to not notice severe weather.

Many people simply check the internet for severe weather these days, and some can do a picture in picture to check the weather channel if they want.

The city sirens are NOT meant for people indoors, they are intended to give warning to people outdoors.  Yes, its a common complaint here, but not common enough in the general population.  If more people were really upset by it, they would call and complain to the station and/or its advertisers, which would result in the stations no longer doing it.

basshive

QuoteOn the positive note, at least you'll know now if there is a tornado heading towards your house. When you pretended to be a FIB, Chicago channels weren't give a hoot about Milwaukee weather and alert you of that. Isn't safety the most important thing here?

A more positive note is the Milwaukee locals finally getting equipment to display hd crawlers etc. If you think for a minute I would be upset about a show being interrupted for a tornado that is just silly. Interrupting to let me know rain and lightning are coming, downright pitiful. Just because the majority isn't calling in and complaining does not mean its right or ok to continue the status quo :)
Sony KDF-60XS955 - Living Room
Samsung LN32A450 - Master Bedroom
Samsung BDP-1600
Samsung DVD-HD850
DirecTV HR-21
DirecTV H-20
DirecTV R-22
DirecTV R-15
DirecTV Packers Remote RC64RB
Sling Media Slingbox AV - SB240-100
Yamaha YSP-900BL Digital Sound Projector Home Theater Speaker System
AppleTV