News:

If your having any issues logging in, please email admin@milwaukeehdtv.org with your user name, and we'll get you fixed up!

Main Menu

Why DirecTV sucks

Started by joeker, Saturday Aug 15, 2009, 01:12:10 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

vegasvic

So you know ahead of time there is no HBO On Demand but you go with DTV anyway and then complain that.... there is no HBO On Demand?  

And you're paying "$200 a month" but you had to add the sports pack? Really?  What $200 package doesn't include the sports pack?

tencom

Quote from: Bebop;53210DirecTV also supplements their VOD via broadband.

The poblem with VOD with HBO on the internet  like most video via the internet is  picture quality and requires a internet connection without the need for  DIRECT TV
service. HBO internet VOD, is available to TWC HBO subscribers without addtional cost but, I don't use this service because of picture quality issues.,

joeker

Quote from: Talos4;53206Excuse me,  I prefer "Fanboy", Shill sounds so cheap.

Honestly, I could care less about on demand, I've downloaded a few things so what, big deal. My DVR right now has about 30% remaining on the hard drive. I search for shows and record them.

Then pay up to D* and go back to cable.

I've not argued the point regarding the receivers. They're not perfect but far from crap!

No...how about DTV gets HBO on demand instead, then we can all be happy with a near perfect tv service

Come on fanboy, write them a strongly worded letter, you can do it buddy, they won't shut off your service or yell at you :eek:

Quote from: jeffski;53211Talos,I agree the downloading feature is killer. I use it often. Also love the networking with my pc feature. I don't miss TWC one bit. All I need them for is roadrunner. :D

I've used it and have never had problems with having to wait anymore then a few minutes, I still don't see a valid excuse for not having HBO ON DEMAND, it works well for the other channels and movies.

Quote from: vegasvic;53218So you know ahead of time there is no HBO On Demand but you go with DTV anyway and then complain that.... there is no HBO On Demand?  

And you're paying "$200 a month" but you had to add the sports pack? Really?  What $200 package doesn't include the sports pack?

Yes I will complain because I'm surprised they haven't started offering it by now.....you guys are unreal, so you don't think you should complain about something you want just because you knew it wasn't there in the first place?  You're one of these guys that gets skipped in line alot aren't you?  

They have just about every channel on demand, and I'm the a-hole for criticizing them for not having one of the best channels on TV on demand....pffpt, that's dumb.  

Oh an multiple receivers, all HD DVRs, every premium, etc.... it adds up with all the fees, but hey at least I got NFL sunday ticket half off this year just for calling up and asking to cancel it

See what happens when you make your voice known?

Talos4

Quote from: joeker;53236No...how about DTV gets HBO on demand instead, then we can all be happy with a near perfect tv service

Come on fanboy, write them a strongly worded letter, you can do it buddy, they won't shut off your service or yell at you :eek:

I've used it and have never had problems with having to wait anymore then a few minutes, I still don't see a valid excuse for not having HBO ON DEMAND, it works well for the other channels and movies.

Yes I will complain because I'm surprised they haven't started offering it by now.....you guys are unreal, so you don't think you should complain about something you want just because you knew it wasn't there in the first place?  You're one of these guys that gets skipped in line alot aren't you?  

They have just about every channel on demand, and I'm the a-hole for criticizing them for not having one of the best channels on TV on demand....pffpt, that's dumb.  

Oh an multiple receivers, all HD DVRs, every premium, etc.... it adds up with all the fees, but hey at least I got NFL sunday ticket half off this year just for calling up and asking to cancel it

See what happens when you make your voice known?

QuoteCome on fanboy, write them a strongly worded letter, you can do it buddy, they won't shut off your service or yell at you :eek:

Thanks that sounds better.

QuoteYes I will complain because I'm surprised they haven't started offering it by now.....you guys are unreal, so you don't think you should complain about something you want just because you knew it wasn't there in the first place?  You're one of these guys that gets skipped in line alot aren't you?

I know something makes sense in there somewhere...

Is that like buying a car that doesn't come with the free satellite radio you wanted and then complaining that it doesn't?

QuoteOh an multiple receivers, all HD DVRs, every premium, etc.... it adds up with all the fees, but hey at least I got NFL sunday ticket half off this year just for calling up and asking to cancel it

See what happens when you make your voice known

Yeah I know what happens. I just don't like playing that game. Sometimes they call your bluff.

Blitzburgh

Quote from: joeker;531281. No HBO On Demand - it's pretty ridiculous they don't have this.
2. The HD DVR receiver is a steaming pile of crap - slow, laggy and unresponsive half the time.  An old computer with 64mb of RAM and Windows 95 would be faster
3. I just went online and added the DTV Sports pack to my account....all my channels went out with the 721 message, after rebooting the receiver I call CS and they are unable to fix the problem and have to escalate it to the "command center" which means I might get a call back tomorrow about it.

No Packer/Brewers game for me tonight.  No I dont have an antenna on my house to pick up any OTA channels

/rant

LOL... Go back to cable then problem solved.....lol

Oh yeah. the grass isn't always greener

Chinatown

However, as a former subscriber to Direct, I do concur that they have inept receivers.

I switched to Dish 4 years ago. I have a 4 tv setup,  classic silver package with 70 channels of HD, Cinemax for a penny a year, with 2 HD DVR's, both have  OTA connection. They are state of the art, as most reviewers, have echoed. In addition, I just added the sports pack for $5.95. That will enable me, starting Sunday to access The NFL Red Zone.

http://www.dishnetwork.com/redirects/promotion/redzone/default.aspx?WT.srch=1&gclid=CL3kysWl55wCFRHxDAod3iqKFw

Yes, its not the complete game package that Direct offers, but at $5.95 a month, its

pretty hard not to add to the monthly outlay.

My total bill is less then $80.00

oz

Quote from: Chinatown;53457My total bill is less then $80.00

Does that include the cost of renting your receivers or did you buy them?

Chinatown

Quote from: oz;53461Does that include the cost of renting your receivers or did you buy them?

It's been so long, I really don't remember. However, I went to their website and put in a bogus order. I think 1 of the Hd Dvr's is included. But I think you will have to pay for the 2nd one. which runs about $100.00. By the way, they have 2 tuners. That is the reason you only need 2 for a 4 set arrangement.

joeker

Gotta love DTV screwing up everyone's NFL Sunday Ticket subscription in week 2 of the season

gb4fan92

Quote from: joeker;53551Gotta love DTV screwing up everyone's NFL Sunday Ticket subscription in week 2 of the season

So how was it screwed up?

AndrewP

Quote from: joeker;53551Gotta love DTV screwing up everyone's NFL Sunday Ticket subscription in week 2 of the season

:confused::huh?: