• Welcome to Milwaukee HDTV User Group.

News:

If your having any issues logging in, please email admin@milwaukeehdtv.org with your user name, and we'll get you fixed up!

Main Menu

Maybe another reason to cut the cable...

Started by Chinatown, Sunday Sep 13, 2009, 01:52:45 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Chinatown

It debuted today. It's available on Dish & Uverse.

They go to  every game, when they are in the red zone, In addition, if there is no red zone action, they go to a live feed of another game. Watched about 10 minutes of the Cardinals/Niners.

For $5.98 a month it sure beats the NFL package from "D"

All the excitement without the commercials.:):):):):):):)

Thankfully, I have PIP. I can then watch the local game OTA, with the red zone on the other half.

http://redzonetv.nfl.com/get-nfl-redzone/

Here some comments from from Satelllite Guys.

http://www.satelliteguys.us/directv-forum/187525-who-needs-sunday-ticket-redzone-rocks.html

Curious, to see what others think of it.

tbarney

NFL Red Zone channel is a fantasy football player's dream come true. I usually bounce between fox and cbs if the Packers are not playing. Today, after the pregame show was over, I switched to NFL RZ and haven't changed yet.  

I'm so glad Dish cut the deal to get this channel. It is well worth the $6/month.

Talos4

The Red Zone is a great feature, But if you're a Packer fan in Central Florida or Boise Idaho, It's kinds tough to watch the game in the comfort of your own home.

Sunday Ticket has a place.  Not in my house mind you, too $$$$$  and I get all the games.

But If I ever move to podunk Montana I'll be sure sign up.

AndrewP

Quote from: Chinatown;53494...
For $5.98 a month it sure beats the NFL package from "D"
Curious, to see what others think of it.

It is a good channel, but it doesn't beat NFL package.
For me the main reason is that I will be recording Brett's games and watching it after the Packers.
And I am not one of those "other team" fans, where NFL package is the only way to watch your team. I am with that package until Brett is playing:D

Chinatown

Quote from: AndrewP;53533It is a good channel, but it doesn't beat NFL package.
For me the main reason is that I will be recording Brett's games and watching it after the Packers.
And I am not one of those "other team" fans, where NFL package is the only way to watch your team. I am with that package until Brett is playing:D

For what it's worth..........

Relative to the Viking game from last Sunday...........Yes, they did not show all the game. However, they did spend significant air time on it, and not just when they were in the red zone..........

AndrewP

Red Zone is a good channel, but again NFL package is way more then that. I will be watching more Red Zone when Packers and Brett are not on the air. Also NFL includes HD Game mix channel, when all games on a split screen. It looks awesome on 102" screen and you can switch to the channel you like instantly. I use it a lot when Packers are in commercials, and I know when to come back:)