• Welcome to Milwaukee HDTV User Group.

News:

If your having any issues logging in, please email admin@milwaukeehdtv.org with your user name, and we'll get you fixed up!

Main Menu

No center channel on Channel 12 DD 3.21?

Started by Martyus, Saturday Aug 29, 2009, 06:58:54 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Martyus

What's up with Channel 12 OTA audio?

Channel 12 HD is broadcasting in DD 3.21 but there is no audio on the center channel. I have tested this on different digital tuners (TV, Media Center) and AV Amps, so I know it is not my equipment.

I also noticed the center channel missing on Channel 4 HD this afternoon. On other HD channels broadcasting in 3.21 the center channel audio is fine.

The problem is, depending on the content, the audio gets very soft and sounds like it is coming out of a can, since there is no audio on the center channel (just the L/R front and rear channels and Sub). However, local content (i.e. commercials) are just fine (typically drops to DD 2/0 or LPCM). It is as if the center channel audio is supposed to be there (mixed to 5.1 and broadcast at source), but the local station is dropping it. This would account for the soft L/R channels, since most of the voice would expect to come through the center channel which is not being sent (dropped) by the local station.

Anyone else experiencing this?