News:

If your having any issues logging in, please email admin@milwaukeehdtv.org with your user name, and we'll get you fixed up!

Main Menu

Packer Preseason?

Started by BFavre4MVP, Thursday Jul 30, 2009, 10:03:21 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

BFavre4MVP

Anyone know if channel 18 is going to pick up the state preseason games in HD again this year?  That was a pleasant surprise last year.

I'll also go out on a limb and assume that family night will remain an SD broadcast since it's local, unless Fox is allowed to pick up the NFL Network feed.

LoadStar

Quote from: BFavre4MVP;52917Anyone know if channel 18 is going to pick up the state preseason games in HD again this year?  That was a pleasant surprise last year.

I'll also go out on a limb and assume that family night will remain an SD broadcast since it's local, unless Fox is allowed to pick up the NFL Network feed.

I would suspect it defaults back to WTMJ again this year. The only reason it moved last year is because of the Olympics.

John L

Packer Pre-season games will be in HD on Ch. 4-1.  Me wonders if they will put NBC programs on either 4-2 or 4-3 while packers are on in HD on 4-1.  Why not make use of this new technology without having to interrupt NBC Network programming?

-John L.

WITI6fan

Quote from: BFavre4MVP;52917Anyone know if channel 18 is going to pick up the state preseason games in HD again this year?  That was a pleasant surprise last year.

Does NFL Network even offer a feed of that? As far as I know, the telecast is both sponsored and produced exclusively by WLUK 11.

BFavre4MVP

Quote from: WITI6fan;52927Does NFL Network even offer a feed of that? As far as I know, the telecast is both sponsored and produced exclusively by WLUK 11.

Perhaps it's the other way around.  I know from a variety of Packer forums that Packer fans from outside the state were thrilled to be able to watch the practice on the NFLN last year.  I'm not sure if they just tape in to the Fox 11 feed or if they have their own stuff.

vegasvic

All are local broadcasts this year.  NFL Network will be carrying them too but not live.

jeffski

As a DTV newbie,I'm loving NFL network. :D

vegasvic

I watch NFL Network quite a bit.  They show a lot of classic games.  Right now they are showing "Top 10 Most Snakebitten Franchises" :)