News:

If your having any issues logging in, please email admin@milwaukeehdtv.org with your user name, and we'll get you fixed up!

Main Menu

Brewers HD - Joined in Progress on Dish???

Started by troyriley, Friday Jul 31, 2009, 09:50:49 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

troyriley

The Friday July 31 Brewer game at San Diego began only in SD on Dish Network. The game was finally available in HD sometime in the bottom of the first inning. My simple questions:

1. Why didn't they show the game in HD from the beginning?
2. Was it available in HD from the start on DirecTV, Uverse, and cable?

My only guess is that is was a bandwidth issue. Maybe Dish had to wait for another game to end to allow for enough bandwidth for the Brewers in HD. That may also explain why some games are only available in SD on Dish, when they are available in HD with other providers. That's just my guess though.

WITI6fan

I noticed the pregame show wasn't in HD either on TWC. So maybe it was just a technical issue.

vegasvic

tbarney

Quote from: troyriley;52939The Friday July 31 Brewer game at San Diego began only in SD on Dish Network. The game was finally available in HD sometime in the bottom of the first inning. My simple questions:

1. Why didn't they show the game in HD from the beginning?
2. Was it available in HD from the start on DirecTV, Uverse, and cable?

My only guess is that is was a bandwidth issue. Maybe Dish had to wait for another game to end to allow for enough bandwidth for the Brewers in HD. That may also explain why some games are only available in SD on Dish, when they are available in HD with other providers. That's just my guess though.

Even the programming guide on Dish said JIP after the program title, so maybe it was a capacity issue for Dish Network and they turned it on as soon as some other game ended.