• Welcome to Milwaukee HDTV User Group.

News:

If your having any issues logging in, please email admin@milwaukeehdtv.org with your user name, and we'll get you fixed up!

Main Menu

Retro Television Network coming to 6.2

Started by wysiwyg, Sunday Jul 19, 2009, 11:55:23 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Steve Mann

Quote from: wysiwyg;52874RTV takes suggestions for programming on their Facebook page (see first post for link).

I'll be sure to suggest it to them.  :)
Steve M. Mann
Panasonic AX200U Projector
Carada 126" 16:9 Fixed Screen
1 - HR20-100 DirecTV HD PVR
1 - HR24-500 DirecTV HD PVR
My Theater
Theater Construction Album

John L

Suggestion for WITI-TV 6 to interrupt RTV on Sunday afternoons for re-airing Shirley Temple movies like they used to run on Sunday afternoons several years ago.:)

-John L.

Jack 1000

I plan in the future to request that TWC bring this channel to all of the Wisconsin areas.  RTN has a huge following throughout the United States and is being added to more cable and dish providers all the time.  Stations like this that can devote programing to classic TV are missed.

Here is a Contact Us link for TWC-Milwaukee if any of you would like to fill out the form and request that RTN be added to TWC.

https://www.timewarnercable.com/Wisconsin/about/contactus.ashx

Jack
Cisco 9865 DVR with Navigator Guide

tencom

Quote from: Jack 1000;52889I plan in the future to request that TWC bring this channel to all of the Wisconsin areas.  RTN has a huge following throughout the United States and is being added to more cable and dish providers all the time.  Stations like this that can devote programing to classic TV are missed.

Here is a Contact Us link for TWC-Milwaukee if any of you would like to fill out the form and request that RTN be added to TWC.

https://www.timewarnercable.com/Wisconsin/about/contactus.ashx

Jack

Just what cable needs another rerun channel!

John L

If TWC adds it, it will most likely end up in the Digital tier.  They don't bother with the analog Basic channels anymore. I expect some analog channels in the basic tier start dissappearing or moving to the Digital Tier.  All part of a move to remove all analog channels from cable by 2012.  Those with Cable Ready Analog TVs, be prepared to get a DTV box to watch cable.

-John L.

WPXE ION

Quote from: John L;52900Those with Cable Ready Analog TVs, be prepared to get a DTV box to watch cable.

-John L.
Only if they provide it for free.

InsulinJunkie

Quote from: WPXE ION;52902Only if they provide it for free.

I think that's why he mentioned 2012.  If done before 2012, you're correct - I believe they have to do a Comcast and provide a free (gimped) box or two.

They could remove everything but the local OTA channels from analog and be in compliance, though.

BennyDK69

Just a heads up I saw a show called Sea hunt on ThisTV the other night at like 3-4 AM
not sure if it's what your looking for but just thought I'd point it out.

ddeerrff

Yes, that is the 'Sea Hunt' in question!

---------
4:30 am (Eastern)
Sea Hunt
Recovery - Nelson races enemy agents for a top-secret rocket nose-cone.
Drama - Adventure
-------

AA9VI

Has WITI notified Tribune Media/Zap-2-it about this channel change?  I still can't get it on my DirecTV HR-20 receiver.  (the directv HR20, HR21/HR22/HR23+AM21 HD receivers lack a channel scan and get their guide from the Tribune Media)

gb4fan92

Quote from: AA9VI;52919Has WITI notified Tribune Media/Zap-2-it about this channel change?  I still can't get it on my DirecTV HR-20 receiver.  (the directv HR20, HR21/HR22/HR23+AM21 HD receivers lack a channel scan and get their guide from the Tribune Media)

Hmmm... I can do a channel scan with my HR22/AM21.

MDR

Quote from: gb4fan92;52921Hmmm... I can do a channel scan with my HR22/AM21.

Channel scan is a misnomer on DTV. You don't really scan the airwaves and detect available RF signals; you just download a list from the DTV database for your DMA.
I just did a "channel scan" on my HR-21/AM-21 and 4-3 and 6-2 are still missing.
MDR
Cord Cutter

ChannelMaster DVR+
Samsung Ln40b550 HDTV
Samsung Ln32a550 HDTV
ONKYO TX-NR737 Rcvr
Sony SA WCT100 Soundbar
Oppo BDP83 Bluray
Oppo BDP93 Bluray
Twc Broadband
T-Mobile Phone

mrschimpf

When Charter came out with their adds earlier last month for today they didn't mention WITI RTV since it wasn't ready. So tonight when I check out the new channels added in the local tier (including the WBAY RTV from Green Bay), I noticed that they also added WITI 6-2 to our lineup here in Sheboygan on 967 :rock:.

Much appreciation to whoever at Fox 6 (or Local TV HQ, whoever did the negotiations) got right on the horn to Charter to get WITI-RTV added right away here, and that Charter put it on. Hoping that everyone else to the south on Charter also got that lucky tonight :).