• Welcome to Milwaukee HDTV User Group.

News:

If your having any issues logging in, please email admin@milwaukeehdtv.org with your user name, and we'll get you fixed up!

Main Menu

Dr Destruction Crimson Theatre

Started by Retro Lover, Thursday Aug 06, 2009, 11:15:44 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Retro Lover

Does anyone have any idea if it's possible to get this public access show in Germantown. If so, what channel? I know it comes out of Kenosha. Thanks.

John L

Quote from: Retro Lover;53034Does anyone have any idea if it's possible to get this public access show in Germantown. If so, what channel? I know it comes out of Kenosha. Thanks.

Contact your Germantown Town Officials. Perhaps the Park and Recreation Dept. has control over operating their own Public Access TV station from city or town hall.  I assume Germantown is considered a town, not a city or village.

Here in Muskego I volunteer my programming duties to the City of Muskego's Public Access TV station on Time Warner Cable ch. 14 and I chased after Dale Womboldt myself through his website and ID who I am and he sent me some DVDs to check and made arrangements to air them weekly begining Dec 2006.  I air his "Dr. Destruction's Crimson Theater" on Saturday nights at 10:00pm on ch. 14 in Muskego.

Our studios in Muskego is located in the lower level of City Hall and Park and Recreation Dept. here is responsible for operating ch. 14.  

I assume Germantown has TWC or Time Warner-Cable. If so, probably ch. 14 as the Public Access where as ch. 25 is Government Access which are mainly live and taped local government meetsing. Ch. 13 used for Educational..like maybe the Germantown School District might use ch. 13.

But if they have another cable company I don't know. My best  bet is contact Townhall offiocials in Germantown...they could probably answer your question as they most likely have someone there in charge of the Public Access channel.

-John L.

John L

I should add that if you do find out Germantown has a public access Tv station, find out who operates it and then talk to Dale Womboldt for a sample DVD or 2 and offer to submit it for airing in Germantown. By submitting the program you are donating or contributing to their public access Tv station.

Like most Public Access Tv station people can feel free to submit any or all kinds of videos.  However if the video has copyright notices on them, they cannot air unless permission is granted.

But with Dale's videos it is up to him regarding copyrights..but most of his movies are public domain therefore don't need any real permission and can air on non-commercails stations with no problem.

-John L.

Retro Lover

Thanks for the info. He is sorely needed around here for that late night horror fun!

John L

Quote from: Retro Lover;53059Thanks for the info. He is sorely needed around here for that late night horror fun!

Yeah Dale Womboldt is funny and creepy when he dresses up.  I have yet to meet the guy.

-John L.