News:

If your having any issues logging in, please email admin@milwaukeehdtv.org with your user name, and we'll get you fixed up!

Main Menu

WDJT/WBME/WMLW/WYTU power down

Started by DanDyer, Saturday Jul 11, 2009, 05:52:41 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

DanDyer

This Sunday morning, July 12th, Weigel Broadcasting will be powering down it's entire transmitter site for tower and electrical work, starting just after midnight.  We hope the work will only take 4 hours and will return to normal programming when the work is done.
This will effect just about everyone, except for TWC viewers.  We have fiber feeds in place for WDJT (SD only), WMLW and WYTU for TWC, but all other services (including satellite) will lose their signal during the work.
Please be aware that if you do a rescan during this time, because you can't receive us, your receivers will not catch our signals, and then you definitely won't be able to catch our signals.
The work being done is to upgrade our ENG receive systems and upgrade our facility's electrical capability for future expansions.
Dan Dyer
Chief Engineer WDJT/WBME/WMLW/WYTU

techguy1975

Dan,

Thanks for the heads up.  What about WBME?  Or are they not transmitting from that site yet?

Bebop

58's signal seems  to be reduced after the power down. I'm getting it in the upper 70% range.

Panasonic TH-50PX60U
Panasonic TH-42PZ85U
HDHomeRun

ShineOn

Dan,

Thanks for the heads- up.  However, I'm hoping you can shed some light on the WBME situation.

It seems that since moving from 58.3 to 49.1, WBME signal strength is very inconsistent and often nonexistent.

Is Weigel Comm working on this?  I have found no information about the situation or what's in the plans for improving the 49.x broadcast quality.

Thanks in advance for whatever info you can provide.  At least give us ME-TV fans in the Milwaukee viewing area some hope.