• Welcome to Milwaukee HDTV User Group.

News:

If your having any issues logging in, please email admin@milwaukeehdtv.org with your user name, and we'll get you fixed up!

Main Menu

TWC Digital Breakups

Started by WITI6fan, Sunday Jul 05, 2009, 04:46:11 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

WITI6fan

Recently any time we tune to a channel transmitted from TWC in a digital format, we experience breakups in both picture and sound that sometimes last a couple seconds. This is happening both on the box and on ClearQAM channels if we plug the cable into the TV directly.

Anyone else having this problem, or is it just us?

Bigdog

I have seen that too mostly on the HD channels with 506 being the worst. Which is too bad as a lot of the stuff we watch is on that channel

oz

I've had the same problem on my TV using QAM, especially on 4.1. When I tune to 4.0 there's no problem at all.

WPXE ION

Just curious. Do any of the Ion stations show up with QAM tuners?

ArgMeMatey

Quote from: WPXE ION;52714Just curious. Do any of the Ion stations show up with QAM tuners?

I'm out of town this week but as of last week, no ION (55) on QAM.  

My qubo fan, however, can now instruct his mom and others on how to switch the remote from "air" to "cable".

JeffreyC2007

you all may want to have TWC come out and check your signal strength...it could either be to strong or to weak...

LoadStar

Quote from: JeffreyC2007;52780you all may want to have TWC come out and check your signal strength...it could either be to strong or to weak...

Agree. I keep saying this, over and over - don't just complain HERE (and elsewhere) about the quality of service you are getting from TWC. Complain to TWC and get them to roll a truck. Service calls are free to you, and you have a good reason to have a tech out. If that tech doesn't fix it, get another tech. And keep doing this until you get service levels you are satisfied with.

This also applies for those with switched digital issues - signal levels have a lot (almost everything, actually) to do with that as well.

WITI6fan

Err, rather late reply, but...

Rebooted the box and everything got better! :D

Robin1

Really astonishing further informative topic. Thank you juice that sharing this.