• Welcome to Milwaukee HDTV User Group.

News:

If your having any issues logging in, please email admin@milwaukeehdtv.org with your user name, and we'll get you fixed up!

Main Menu

Fox 6 to Replace Antenna

Started by John L, Monday Jun 22, 2009, 07:14:05 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

John L

I noticed a scroll on the bottom of the screen during the Fox 6 9:00 Newscast mentioning that WITI-DT transmitter will be off  the air for 3 weeks to either move or replace the analog antenna on the top of the tower with the Digital antenna to transmit over ch. 33.

They are making sure the job gets done before the Green Bay Packer football season starts.

However WITI Fox 6 will continue airing over cable and satellite.

Maybe they can make arrangements with Weigel Broadcasting to carry WITI on 49.2 during the downtime?

-John L.

troyriley

I may be wrong, but I was under the impression they would be off the air sporadically for the next three weeks as they prepare to move their digital antenna. I don't believe they're going to constantly be off the air for three weeks.

Either way, having it available on 49.2, or somewhere else as a subchannel would be nice.

John L

Perhaps Chuck from Fox 6 can shed some light on it.

-John L.

troyriley

Unfortunately, no Tim Cuprisin column today, nor does he have a blog about it. Fox6now.com has nothing (unless I missed it). I would think the station's web site would be one of the best places to find out more about it.

techguy1975

I'm currently on vacation in TN, so I haven't been able to check, is analog 6 still nightlighting?

SRW1000

Quote from: techboywi;52569I'm currently on vacation in TN, so I haven't been able to check, is analog 6 still nightlighting?
Yes, but it's just a looping information program about the digital switchover.

The crawl that I read said if you don't have cable or satellite service you may have intermittent outages.  It didn't sound like they would be long-term interruptions.

Scott

Jack 1000

So for friends who just have OTA digital TV, what station will be the temporary signal provider?

Jack
Cisco 9865 DVR with Navigator Guide

Chuck from FOX

Hey guys:

We do plan on performing tower work in August.  Our old analog top mount antenna must come down.  We will be replacing it w/ a new digital top mount antenna.  We are also going to increase the height of the antenna.  The work was set in August mostly to make sure that the weather did not get in the way of the project.

It's a big project that we will manage, but the as far as viewers are concerned there will be minimal interruption.  Bottom line, once complete our digital signal will be easier to pick up on the fringe of our signal path.  

Hope this helps.

Chuck

John L

This is a very important project.  Since WITI-TV airs most Green Bay Packer games it is VERY important they be able to reach out to viewers in fringe areas. Certainly you don't need any irate viewers in East Troy or Lake Geneva who still receives their TV off the air.

Packer games are far more important than Milwaukee Brewer games.  Packers are a team that is much capable of making the playoffs, the Brewers are not, they lose way too many games they will never make the playoffs ever again.

-John L.

AndrewP

Quote from: John L;52579Packer games are far more important than Milwaukee Brewer games.  Packers are a team that is much capable of making the playoffs, the Brewers are not, they lose way too many games they will never make the playoffs ever again.

-John L.

Easy with Brewers;)
It is not even half of the season. Brewers are important now too. And if Packers will not be good maybe I'll look int Vikings a little bit (you know, Favre thing).

John L

Quote from: AndrewP;52583Easy with Brewers;)
It is not even half of the season. Brewers are important now too. And if Packers will not be good maybe I'll look int Vikings a little bit (you know, Favre thing).

Viking games are also carried by Fox.  Fox 6 will have the capabilities to air BOTH games should they both start at the sametime.

Packers in HD on 6.1
Vikings in SD on 6.2

They would really pull in rating numbers for both channels on a Sunday afternoon.

How about that Chuck?

-John L.

Chuck from FOX

John:

There would be contractual issues w/ the NFL/FOX - but nice try!

Chuck