• Welcome to Milwaukee HDTV User Group.

News:

If your having any issues logging in, please email admin@milwaukeehdtv.org with your user name, and we'll get you fixed up!

Main Menu

WDJT (is/was) Off-Air

Started by WITI6fan, Friday Jun 19, 2009, 12:25:50 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

WITI6fan

Just passing this along. WDJT is off-air. I was watching, and they lost the network feed around midnight, and then as they were ending a weather break-in the picture froze up and went black.

EDIT: Signal is back up, but they still don't have a stable network feed. Also, WTMJ is feeding the network feed raw!

EDIT EDIT: Back out. Expect this on/off to continue through the storms.

Milwaukee12

WTMJ went off-air as well.

Scanning through, WDJT, WMLW, WYTU, WBME are black.  WVTV and WTMJ are totally off air.

mrschimpf

In case anyone was curious, 6 has indeed turned off the nightlight loop on analog 6/87.7 and is currently carrying storm coverage from Vince.

WITI6fan

WTMJ lost master control earlier, and doesn't seem to be able to break in at this time.

mrschimpf

Quote from: WITI6fan;52455WTMJ lost master control earlier, and doesn't seem to be able to break in at this time.

I'm not even getting any sign of a signal from digital 28. Something happened on the tower to knock them off the air, at least OTA and those who get the signal on cable via OTA like up here. Probably different for TWC viewers, but if you're on Charter or antenna, you're out.

RLJSlick

What's getting me is when WTMJ came back on, they was showing paid ads instead of a human with a weather warning. I have to admit I'm a little disappointed in them for that.
Ricky
http://rljslick.smugmug.com/
Samsung HL-T61176S DLP Projection
Toshiba 30HFX84 30"
Denon AVR-1804/884 6.1 Surround
Samsung BD-P1400 Blu-Ray
Toshiba HD-A20KU HD-DVD
Polk RM6700/PSW303 Sound System

WITI6fan

WTMJ's weather subchannel is out for me on TWC.

But on WTMJ's primary channel, they seem to be able to playback the newscast from tonight. That's good news.

Milwaukee12

Quote from: mrschimpf;52456I'm not even getting any sign of a signal from digital 28. Something happened on the tower to knock them off the air, at least OTA and those who get the signal on cable via OTA like up here. Probably different for TWC viewers, but if you're on Charter or antenna, you're out.

Satellite is out as well.  I can't get anything on the subchannels either.

WITI6fan

WTMJ on TWC is having major issues keeping a signal that's not local up. Poker After Dark has been cutting in and out and has been replaced with a TMJ4 ID, the Weather Office camera (with John Malan sitting off to the side), a NBC ID, back to Poker, and now black.

Hopefully nothing major happened...

mrschimpf

Quote from: WITI6fan;52460WTMJ on TWC is having major issues keeping a signal that's not local up. Poker After Dark has been cutting in and out and has been replaced with a TMJ4 ID, the Weather Office camera (with John Malan sitting off to the side), a NBC ID, back to Poker, and now black.

Hopefully nothing major happened...

It's pretty bad. It's affecting Green Bay too since Journal master control is based in MKE...both WGBA and WACY up there are in color bar/logo mode since they don't have a network signal that can be relayed by master control to GB.

ETA - Early Today is back as of 4:30am on WGBA; still showing a still from a 12:15ish Pet World Warehouse ad on WTMJ on Charter, 28 still down OTA. 4.2's internet stream is still showing WX+ and the pre 10pm forecast; it's a possibility they could use that for Daybreak at 5am.

Later ETA - The tower took a direct hit and according to 620 they're broadcasting direct from the newsroom instead of the studio; seems like some equipment there took some damage. Meanwhile WGBA is doing their 'Non Stop Weather' just fine from GB, but with some technical quirks with the bottom-thirds

Jimboy

Quote from: Milwaukee12;52453WTMJ went off-air as well.

Scanning through, WDJT, WMLW, WYTU, WBME are black.  WVTV and WTMJ are totally off air.

WVTV did not go off the air last night. Master Control confirms this.

John L

Quote from: mrschimpf;52454In case anyone was curious, 6 has indeed turned off the nightlight loop on analog 6/87.7 and is currently carrying storm coverage from Vince.

I was curious and turned on the old analog TV that doesn't have a converter box on it yet.  I suspected that they would interrupt nightlight service since it is legal and they are required to do so per Nightlight Service rules.  Nightlight Service strictly means airing a loop on DTV information and instruction in both English and Spanish and can be interrupted for emergency information such as the bad weather we were getting.

-John L.

WPXE ION

No issues here either.