• Welcome to Milwaukee HDTV User Group.

News:

If your having any issues logging in, please email admin@milwaukeehdtv.org with your user name, and we'll get you fixed up!

Main Menu

Road Runner Speeds

Started by leprechaunshawn, Sunday May 24, 2009, 10:27:36 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bebop

It seems Powerboost is included with standard too and metering next. :)

http://www.timewarnercable.com/Wisconsin/learn/hso/roadrunner/speedpricing.html

Panasonic TH-50PX60U
Panasonic TH-42PZ85U
HDHomeRun

EmuZombie

Quote from: mhz40;52116What's going on with your upload speeds in WI?
I'm getting this on my laptop via wi-fi in the basement

Road Runner caps their upload speed at 0.5mbps.  Has nothing to to do with wifi, or Wisconsin,  It is simply because we have road runner and not verizon like you do.

Jack 1000

Quote from: Bebop;52119It seems Powerboost is included with standard too and metering next. :)

I heard that due to its unpopularity around the country, TWC will be abandoning metered Road Runner usage. (at least for now.)

Jack
Cisco 9865 DVR with Navigator Guide

EmuZombie

Quote from: Bebop;52119It seems Powerboost is included with standard too and metering next. :)

I find that chart pretty amusing.

It lists "More than 2 People Online at the Same Time" and "Online Gaming" and "Watching Videos" all under turbo.

I have standard and have never had any problems with several people in my household all online at comfortable speeds.

I have also had 4 people all playing TF2 at once with no lag issues and the bandwidth usage left room for several more.

As for video, streaming HD video in real time is not a problem at all. (while others play a game no less)

I wonder how many people are fooled into thinking they need all that speed when they don't.

kevbeck122

I've watched my usage while gaming online on the PS3... you can get by with lite and have no problems.

duncantuna

Quote from: EmuZombie;52130I find that chart pretty amusing.

It lists "More than 2 People Online at the Same Time" and "Online Gaming" and "Watching Videos" all under turbo.

I have standard and have never had any problems with several people in my household all online at comfortable speeds.

I have also had 4 people all playing TF2 at once with no lag issues and the bandwidth usage left room for several more.

As for video, streaming HD video in real time is not a problem at all. (while others play a game no less)

I wonder how many people are fooled into thinking they need all that speed when they don't.

Agreed on all points.  My office shares a T1 (1.5 up and down) with 70 people.  It's not as snappy as Roadrunner, but it's really not bad.

Truly, 90% of customers could use RR Lite and be happy as clams.  

I also love the fact that webpage, named "speedpricing.html" has neither speed, nor pricing on it.

It really is amazing that TWC does NOT put pricing information on their website.  If you want to know the menu of prices, you MUST call in, or you can ask them to send you a price list in the mail.  Unreal.