News:

If your having any issues logging in, please email admin@milwaukeehdtv.org with your user name, and we'll get you fixed up!

Main Menu

Dick Nitelinger Dies shoveling snow

Started by techguy1975, Monday Mar 30, 2009, 07:50:57 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

techguy1975

SRW1000

Thanks for posting this here.  Dick was a valuable member of the forum, and an asset to the community.  His website detailing the history of Milwaukee's TV horror hosts was a great read and informative resource that brought back some great memories.  Hopefully it will be kept up as a tribute to the work he put into it.

We'll miss his presence here.  My condolences to his family.

Scott

Tom Snyder

Tim just Twittered that, and I came here to post. Bob, thanks for posting it here. Loss to the community at large, and the community here are both huge.

Truly sad news.

Dick's last Post here was Friday:

http://www.milwaukeehdtv.org/forums/showpost.php?p=51414&postcount=3
Tom Snyder
Administrator and Webmaster for milwaukeehdtv.org
tsnyder@milwaukeehdtv.org

LoadStar

Wow. Truly unexpected, and a definite loss.

If there is some glimmer of good news in all of this, it is that he was able to see his book published, a book that will serve as his legacy

mrschimpf

I am saddened by Dick's sudden death. We've bumped into each other a few times on Wikipedia over sourcing and fair use, but he was a very decent man and I was glad to see him on there despite our conflicts over the subject. I have just let the community on Wikiproject TV Stations know the news and asked for his userpage to be put in memorial mode.

This is a horrible loss, but I am happy that he got to see his labor of love see it's release and that he provided us such a comprehensive history of the medium in this area through his tireless research.

Jack 1000

What a shocking and terrible tragedy.  I always enjoyed the work that Dick put into his Milwaukee TV History website and especially his work on the hosts/schedules of Horror Movies.

His contributions to this industry will always be remembered.

Thank you Dick.  May you rest in peace.

Jack
Cisco 9865 DVR with Navigator Guide

Talos4

John L

What the heck?  He was on here one day last week and posted something and I replied to his message. This is a shock! A real shocker!

He was a help with some of my programming of some shows on the Muskego Public Access Channel I operate.

Will keep him in my prayers and pray for his soul.

:(

-John L.

WPXE ION

Condolences to his family from the staff here at WPXE.

I had the honor of hearing Dick speak at the January SBE meeting about his book, with many of the contributors in the audience as well. He was very enthusiastic about the book and could have spoken well into the night. He spoke of a second edition that will never be. Truly sad.

Gamera

Wow. I didn't know Dick but I did learn of him, and consequently of this site, from his website. I read through his historical site many times while trying to piece together fuzzy memories I had regarding Milwaukee TV of my youth. And when I learned he had written a book on the topic I made sure I ran out and bought a copy. Thanks for all the information and your hard work compiling it all. RIP.

Gilbert

Mentioned also at Scott Fybush' Northeastern Radio Watch:

http://www.fybush.com