• Welcome to Milwaukee HDTV User Group.

News:

If your having any issues logging in, please email admin@milwaukeehdtv.org with your user name, and we'll get you fixed up!

Main Menu

NFL extends deal with DirecTV (Sunday Ticket)

Started by OlsonNet, Monday Mar 23, 2009, 05:20:35 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

OlsonNet

Details: http://www.jsonline.com/blogs/sports/41708712.html

I was hoping they'd be able to come up with some kind of deal with the cable companies that included NFL Network and Sunday Ticket and open it up to almost everyone like MLB Extra Innings, but I guess not.

mhz40

Quote from: OlsonNet;51348Details: http://www.jsonline.com/blogs/sports/41708712.html

I was hoping they'd be able to come up with some kind of deal with the cable companies that included NFL Network and Sunday Ticket and open it up to almost everyone like MLB Extra Innings, but I guess not.

There is a glimmer of hope.  The devil's always in the details.  Nowhere does Don Walker indicate the rights are 'exclusive'.  In fact, he indicates just the opposite... that people without DirecTV can see the games via broadband starting 'no later than' 2012.

Edit-
Disregard all of the above.  Another report indicates that it's exclusive at http://www.earthtimes.org/articles/show/nfl-and-directv-extend-nfl-sunday-tickettrade-agreement-through-2014-season,759139.shtml

Steve Mann

Quote from: OlsonNet;51348I was hoping they'd be able to come up with some kind of deal with the cable companies that included NFL Network and Sunday Ticket and open it up to almost everyone like MLB Extra Innings, but I guess not.

No way DirecTV wants that. They'll do everything in their power to keep that from happening. And being a DirecTV subscriber, I have no problem with it all.  :)
Steve M. Mann
Panasonic AX200U Projector
Carada 126" 16:9 Fixed Screen
1 - HR20-100 DirecTV HD PVR
1 - HR24-500 DirecTV HD PVR
My Theater
Theater Construction Album

Andrew

Quote from: Steve Mann;51360No way DirecTV wants that. They'll do everything in their power to keep that from happening. And being a DirecTV subscriber, I have no problem with it all.  :)

Why?  How does keeping it exclusive to DTV help you?  Wouldn't it be cheaper if it was non exclusive?

Steve Mann

Quote from: Andrew;51361Why?  How does keeping it exclusive to DTV help you?  Wouldn't it be cheaper if it was non exclusive?

Cheaper? Maybe, but not necessarily.

As for keeping it exclusive, it's always nice to have something that not everyone else can have.  :D
Steve M. Mann
Panasonic AX200U Projector
Carada 126" 16:9 Fixed Screen
1 - HR20-100 DirecTV HD PVR
1 - HR24-500 DirecTV HD PVR
My Theater
Theater Construction Album

WITI6fan

brewguru

I just think it's nice that cable doesn't have access to it.

I am for anything that p!sses TWC off.

btw, I head a report that the Red Zone Channel will be available for some cable systems. They'd run that on Sundays, then the rest of the time, have the NFL Network on that channel (for cable). It's a way of opening the doors to get wider distribution for NFLN.