News:

If your having any issues logging in, please email admin@milwaukeehdtv.org with your user name, and we'll get you fixed up!

Main Menu

uverse total home dvr mulitple tvs

Started by COMET, Friday Oct 24, 2008, 01:41:23 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

COMET

Just want to verify with somebody that already has the total home DVR. Can multiple shows already recorded be watched at the same time on muliptle tvs. The phone person kept telling me I can watch a show on all tvs, but I guess I didn't make myself clear enough when I kept saying, I have 4 tvs, and on each on them I want to watch a different recoreded show on each tv..

Can anybody give me advice comparing Uverse to Directv. I have no complaints with directv, but is uverse a better option?

Gregg Lengling

Yes you can watch 4 different recorded shows on 4 different tvs.
Gregg R. Lengling, W9DHI
Living the life with a 65" Aquos
glengling at milwaukeehdtv dot org  {fart}

Bigdog

Too bad they don't have any plans of coming to my area of Grafton anytime soon

Danno321

How is the DVR controlled?  I use Harmony remotes so I don't think they will work with the AT&T "Total Home DVR" if it uses RF remotes...

Gregg Lengling

Quote from: Danno321;51330How is the DVR controlled?  I use Harmony remotes so I don't think they will work with the AT&T "Total Home DVR" if it uses RF remotes...

The uverse boxes are IR controlled but the STB's talk to the DVR on the network, so the recorded program is list is on all boxes and when you request a recorded program it's carried thru the home network from the DVR to the selected tv.  You can even start watching a program in your Family and decide it time for bed and continue watching the same recording in the bedroom...just start up from where you stopped it.
Gregg R. Lengling, W9DHI

Danno321

Quote from: Gregg Lengling;51331The uverse boxes are IR controlled but the STB's talk to the DVR on the network, so the recorded program is list is on all boxes and when you request a recorded program it's carried thru the home network from the DVR to the selected tv.  You can even start watching a program in your Family and decide it time for bed and continue watching the same recording in the bedroom...just start up from where you stopped it.

Does AT&T supply IR-to-IPTV converters (what you called STB's) for each TV as part of the price or ala carte?

kevbeck122

You don't need any kind of converter, it will work with your remotes.  Each box is independently controlled.  If you have the DVR STB in the living room and a standard STB in the bedroom, you use the bedroom's remote on the bedroom STB and it will send the video over the network from the DVR to your bedroom box.

Danno321

Quote from: kevbeck122;51334You don't need any kind of converter, it will work with your remotes.  Each box is independently controlled.  If you have the DVR STB in the living room and a standard STB in the bedroom, you use the bedroom's remote on the bedroom STB and it will send the video over the network from the DVR to your bedroom box.

Can storage be expanded with an eSATA drive?  How is HD if you have that package?  How does SD look on HDTV?

kevbeck122

I don't have U-verse... not available here yet.  I don't believe the STBs have an esata port, but they do have USB.  I'm not sure if AT&T has activated the ports yet, but it was rumored that they would allow USB hard drives for extra storage sometime.

Gregg Lengling

The USB port is not active at this time (expect the power at it for charging cellphones and ipods ect).  However at this time if you order Uverse they now have a Motorola 1225 DVR for HD accounts that has a much larger Hard Drive.
Gregg R. Lengling, W9DHI