News:

If your having any issues logging in, please email admin@milwaukeehdtv.org with your user name, and we'll get you fixed up!

Main Menu

Tivo Multi-Room Viewing & CCI Flag

Started by Vesper, Wednesday Mar 04, 2009, 08:33:04 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Vesper

Hi all-

I'm looking to make the switch from DirecTV to TWC with a pair of TivoHD's in the near future.  Other than tuning adapters which I've been reading about, my other concern is with the copy protect flag (or CCI flag) on shows.  Over at the TivoCommunity forums, many people mention that their cable providers are setting the CCI flag to "2" on all non-local shows.  This means they are flagged as "Copy Once" - the one time being the actual recording of the show onto the DVR.  Because of this flag, Tivo will not allow the shows to be watched on another TV through the Multi Room Viewing (MRV) feature.

Does anyone know if TWC in Milwaukee is setting this copy protection flag?  Right now I am able to move shows back and forth between my bedroom & living room Tivos (via hacked DTV Tivos) and it would be a serious bummer if I could no longer do this due to some stupid DRM issues.  

Thanks for any info you can provide.