News:

If your having any issues logging in, please email admin@milwaukeehdtv.org with your user name, and we'll get you fixed up!

Main Menu

WVTV analog off - when DT18?

Started by AA9VI, Wednesday Mar 04, 2009, 09:45:12 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

AA9VI

I heard WVTV channel 18 analog signed off at midnight. When is the digital signal going to be moved from 61 to 18?

John L

Quote from: AA9VI;51107I heard WVTV channel 18 analog signed off at midnight. When is the digital signal going to be moved from 61 to 18?

Actually at 5:30 am this morning WVTV-18 analog along with WCGV-24 were still on broadcasting the NAB loop.

Tim Cuprisin mentioned in this morning's column that both 18 and 24 are going off the air at Noon today.  That's exactly an hour away when typing this message.

Jimboy had mentioned in one of these messages that he will tell us when WVTV-DT will be moving to channel 18 in a posted message in these forums.

-John L.

Jimboy

The move "should" happen June 12th unless the date gets changed again.

AA9VI

Quote from: Jimboy;51111The move "should" happen June 12th unless the date gets changed again.

Thanks for the update.  I wasn't sure how plans had changed thanks to the lawyers behind the 5th DTV delay.  

Quiz question of the day... When will the DTV transition actually take place nationwide?
a) June 12, 2009
b) September 1, 2009
c) June 12, 2010
d) Sometime after 2010 when the government comes to everyone's house, brings a converter box, hooks it up for you, gives you some cash, and washes your laundry.

SRW1000

Quote from: AA9VI;51116Thanks for the update.  I wasn't sure how plans had changed thanks to the lawyers behind the 5th DTV delay.  

Quiz question of the day... When will the DTV transition actually take place nationwide?
a) June 12, 2009
b) September 1, 2009
c) June 12, 2010
d) Sometime after 2010 when the government comes to everyone's house, brings a converter box, hooks it up for you, gives you some cash, and washes your laundry.
I half expect a new "right" to be discovered very soon - the right to HDTV, where every citizen has deserves to have an HDTV.  If they can't afford one, the government will provide one for them.  Delivered.

It's only fair.

Scott

John L

Quote from: Jimboy;51111The move "should" happen June 12th unless the date gets changed again.

I'd hold off in dismantling those analog transmitters.  Because maybe with further delays, the FCC might just say the hell with it and shut down all digitals and go back to analog and then forget the whole thing!:rof:

-John L.

Gilbert

Quote from: John L;51123I'd hold off in dismantling those analog transmitters.  Because maybe with further delays, the FCC might just say the hell with it and shut down all digitals and go back to analog and then forget the whole thing!:rof:

-John L.

John,

When I saw this, I had two reactions:

1. I laughed hysterically, and then I thought...
2. Don't give the FCC any more ideas! :rof: