• Welcome to Milwaukee HDTV User Group.

News:

If your having any issues logging in, please email admin@milwaukeehdtv.org with your user name, and we'll get you fixed up!

Main Menu

WITI [apparently] sticking with 2/17 cutoff

Started by LoadStar, Friday Jan 30, 2009, 09:11:25 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Stanley Kritzik

Quote from: AndrewP;50536The topic, in detail, is off the subject of HDTV, but so what, if Jim Sensenrenner is on the right. Nancy Pelosi is no the left and she said that every month 500 mln. Americans will be losing jobs. I don't know what sign to put here {fart} or :huh?: or :D.

:OnAir:And nobody got slaughtered, 52 - 48 is kind of close numbers.

And the margin of people now opposing the stimulus is more then 4%:wave:

And if Obama and Sensenrenner both want delay of DTV, they both are on the wrong side. At least for me:D

Nancy P. and Barney Frank are so far to the left, they counterbalance Sensenbrenner.  The shameful behaviour of the housing and banking industries (and US auto) are also countered by the Democratic support of Fanny and Freddy, as well as what the Dems passed as a stimulus package.  Meanwhile, our kids and grandkids are going to be saddled with about three trillion dollars of debt.

I think we deserved (and deserve) better.  Look at the latest withdrawn appointees.  They almost make Bush look good.

Stan

AndrewP

Quote from: Stanley Kritzik;50539Nancy P. and Barney Frank are so far to the left, they counterbalance Sensenbrenner.  The shameful behaviour of the housing and banking industries (and US auto) are also countered by the Democratic support of Fanny and Freddy, as well as what the Dems passed as a stimulus package.  Meanwhile, our kids and grandkids are going to be saddled with about three trillion dollars of debt.

I think we deserved (and deserve) better.  Look at the latest withdrawn appointees.  They almost make Bush look good.

Stan

You said it even better then myself :rock:
Only I will not worry about debt - inflation will take care of it.
And I lived in the countntry with 50% inflation in a month (during the collapse of the USSR). SO all savings will be gone and everybody should start from scratch.:(

Onlyota

Quote from: Stanley Kritzik;50526It looks like analog will be extended until July (at least!).  Partly, this is due to the bleeding-heart/lack-of-courage on the part of Washington; part due to the idiotic handling of the $40 coupons.  Meanwhile, most everyone has geared up for the new paradigm.

However, our "ever-wise" Congressman Sensenbrenner is quoted as saying that we should drop the conversion altogether.  This Neanderthal does not understand that the plan has been active for several years, the conversion is from analog to digital, and, apart from freeing up the Ch. 2-7 space, the digital form is needed and useful beyond just providing HD video.  Congressman Jim is clueless on many subjects, of course.

Stan

Where did you find this quote?  Sensenbrenner has been right on most things.  I would suggest you leftys stay away from politics.

Thanks to the forum for educating me on all things digital and HD and sending me over to the AVS Forum for additional information.

Onlyota

Quote from: Stanley Kritzik;50526It looks like analog will be extended until July (at least!).  Partly, this is due to the bleeding-heart/lack-of-courage on the part of Washington; part due to the idiotic handling of the $40 coupons.  Meanwhile, most everyone has geared up for the new paradigm.

However, our "ever-wise" Congressman Sensenbrenner is quoted as saying that we should drop the conversion altogether.  This Neanderthal does not understand that the plan has been active for several years, the conversion is from analog to digital, and, apart from freeing up the Ch. 2-7 space, the digital form is needed and useful beyond just providing HD video.  Congressman Jim is clueless on many subjects, of course.

Stan

Where did you find this quote?  Sensenbrenner has been right on most things.  I would suggest you leftys stay away from politics.

Thanks to the forum for educating me on all things digital and HD and sending me over to the AVS Forum for additional information.

John L

Quote from: LoadStar;50528http://rabbitears.info/termlist.php
List of stations and when they plan to terminate analog service, according to the FCC.

In this area, WITI, WVCY, and WCGV are all ending analog service on 2/17.

None are really a surprise. LocalTV (owners of WITI) are notoriously frugal. WVCY isn't particularly flush with money either, and I've heard unsubstantiated reports that their analog transmission equipment is being held together with spit and bailing wire. And Sinclair has been publicly against the analog extension for quite some time, and sent out a letter to cable and satellite operators warning them that they would be cutting off their analog service on 2/17, no matter what.

If thats the case you didn't mention Sinclair's other station WVTV, so they too probably will ditch analog within 2 weeks.

-John L.:confused:

WITI6fan

WITI just announced they have not yet set a date...

LoadStar

Quote from: WITI6fan;50574WITI just announced they have not yet set a date...

Where did you read/hear that? They're still scrolling the analog termination warning as of tonight's 9:00 newscast.

Edit: never mind... they just explained it, in a very snarky bit that I absolutely loved. Too bad I don't have a vid capture card. :(
QuoteBrad Hicks: *sigh* All right folks. Here's the deal. Lawmakers have agreed now to delay the big switch we've been telling you about to digital TV.
Katrina Cravy: But the delay is not official until President Obama signs the bill. So at this point we are still required to bring you our digital countdown. [roll countdown graphic] Now some stations will be making the switch February 17, even if the bill passes.
Hicks: Now Fox 6 hasn't made a decision yet on whether we are going to use that switch date or not.
Cravy: But many stations in Wisconsin including the Madison and LaCrosse areas will go ahead with the switch in February.
Hicks: And the funny thing is until Obama signs the law, we have to keep showing you the countdown.
Cravy: Exactly, so if you're confused, we understand...
Hicks: He's going to SIGN the law!!! He's the one who ASKED for it!! *sigh* It's an interesting world...

WITI6fan

Quote from: LoadStar;50581Where did you read/hear that? They're still scrolling the analog termination warning as of tonight's 9:00 newscast.

They say it at the same time they play the required "## days" countdown.

Until the delay is signed into law, they legally have to say they'll be ending transmission on the 17th.

LoadStar

And to follow up, they mentioned on tonight's newscast that they would indeed be keeping analog on until June.