• Welcome to Milwaukee HDTV User Group.

News:

If your having any issues logging in, please email admin@milwaukeehdtv.org with your user name, and we'll get you fixed up!

Main Menu

4.2 No longer weather or is it?

Started by chamber79, Saturday Jan 17, 2009, 09:00:59 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

chamber79

Channel 4.2 which traditionally was running Weather Plus now runs WTMJs version of Weather Plus. But the interesting thing is, my program guide says it should be showing various programs like Critters Gitters, Kid Guides, Cooking with Cutty, Jane's Sew & So, etc for the next couple of hours. (Don't worry, it is still running the weather reel.) Maybe TMJ is looking to have a Saturday morning alternative to their news broadcast on 4.1?

nick3092

Yeah, right.  WTMJ is a weather junkie and will never give it up.  Look at how bad they slaughtered their big Thursday night line up this week, to make sure I knew pilates class was canceled.

WITI6fan

Jack 1000

Quote from: nick3092;50153Yeah, right.  WTMJ is a weather junkie and will never give it up.  Look at how bad they slaughtered their big Thursday night line up this week, to make sure I knew pilates class was canceled.

Hahahaha!  I know,

HD subs being forced to watch SD content so that the following can be reported:

"This little snowman made by Jeffrey of Grafton grew big and fat overnight thanks to more snow.  How much fatter did Jeffrey's snowman get?  Details@10."

I think this type of information caters to people who are elderly and/or people who are simple in their thinking.  The local weather reporters just talk so stupidly and make 3 inches of snow some earth-shaking event.  WTMJ-Channel 4 is the worst of the locals, but they all suck.  National Weather forecasts on The Weather Channel are much more polished and professional

Jack
Cisco 9865 DVR with Navigator Guide

LoadStar

Quote from: WITI6fan;50158Those sound like E/I programs.

This is probably correct.

When it was programmed by NBC network center, they would have long-form reports inserted occasionally that qualified as E/I programming. Now that network programming has ended, WTMJ is responsible for the E/I content themselves.

wysiwyg

I just turned on 4.2 to find a duck hunting show being shown, with the ususal weather graphics on the boarder. Looks like a transition is underway, and not just E/I programming.

tbarney

Quote from: wysiwyg;50162I just turned on 4.2 to find a duck hunting show being shown, with the ususal weather graphics on the boarder. Looks like a transition is underway, and not just E/I programming.

My guide info on Dish Network shows 4.2 as NBC Plus, instead of the Weather Plus that it did a few weeks ago. So... I agree, the transition is underway.

wysiwyg

It looks like the weather station will stick around after all. All "Weather Plus" branding has been removed (even on the national radar/satelite maps) and the new station name is "WTMJ Weather".