News:

If your having any issues logging in, please email admin@milwaukeehdtv.org with your user name, and we'll get you fixed up!

Main Menu

TWC CableCards & PPV Events

Started by TiVo HD XL, Monday Jan 26, 2009, 08:36:39 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

TiVo HD XL

Is it possible to order a PPV event either by phone, SA DVR or some other mechanism then watch that PPV on your CableCard equipped device such as a TiVo?

According to TiVo documentation this is possible, however I want to know whether anyone has actually seen this work with TWC. My fear is that TWC has somehow disabled all the PPV channels for CableCards in yet another act of uncompetitiveness. I'm wondering have some or all PPV channels been switched (SDV) yet and since we don't yet have the tuning adapters I can't tell what the cause is but I can't seem to get channel 502 after I ordered it using the TWC issued SA 8300HDC DVR box.

Shouldn't the TiVo be able to get channel 502 (HDPPV) with the CableCards even though the PPV was ordered using the cable providers box?

According to TiVo documentation this should work. If this should be doable then the CableCards may not have been installed correctly.

Thanks

OlsonNet

I believe 502 is SDV. I just tried it on my TiVo and got the same popup about needing a tuning adapter to view it that all the other SDV channels have.