News:

If your having any issues logging in, please email admin@milwaukeehdtv.org with your user name, and we'll get you fixed up!

Main Menu

MY NETWORK 24-1 bad decoder and audio problems

Started by atigod, Wednesday Jan 14, 2009, 01:41:02 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

atigod

Quote from: Jimboy;50083KDS-60A3000? I've got the same set. Looks fine here.

But I will concur that a visual difference does exist between 720p & 1080i.

yes there is a difference, I emailed CW and mynetworks locals sites and got shot down, and yes same tv as you, hows that for comparison

Jimboy

Quote from: atigod;50084my biggest concern is the quality of the networks equipment, having the decoder problem being the worst, you said your trying to resolve it, thats great, it just seems they dont give you guys enough money for your local broadcast to fund new  equipment. again I appreciate  everything you guys are doing to make the  local broadcast better,

It's an Encoder issue and spare equipment is available. It's difficult to fix something when it only happens every other month and when it gets powered off the problem goes away.

Jimboy

Quote from: atigod;50086yes there is a difference, I emailed CW and mynetworks locals sites and got shot down, and yes same tv as you, hows that for comparison

Regarding the reference to 720p vs. 1080i

The difference I see is between FOX 720p, ABC720p, MyNet720p and CW1080i, CBS1080i, PBS1080i, and NBC1080i. Some material looks like widescreen SD and other stuff looks simply spectacular.........720p or 1080i.

GOT BLU-RAY?

atigod

I just checked my dvr and a episode of smackdown recorded at 12/19/08 has the encoder problem at the bottom of the screen through the entire episode, its hard to watch. can you reset the encoder every night before the prime time hd shows start? or is that not how it works

Jimboy

Quote from: atigod;50089I just checked my dvr and a episode of smackdown recorded at 12/19/08 has the encoder problem at the bottom of the screen through the entire episode, its hard to watch. can you reset the encoder every night before the prime time hd shows start? or is that not how it works

That may have been the last occurrence, it was a Friday night.
Can you post a screen capture of it?

Resetting it every night involves a lost of HD for about 5 minutes.

atigod

Quote from: Jimboy;50088Regarding the reference to 720p vs. 1080i

The difference I see is between FOX 720p, ABC720p, MyNet720p and CW1080i, CBS1080i, PBS1080i, and NBC1080i. Some material looks like widescreen SD and other stuff looks simply spectacular.........720p or 1080i.

GOT BLU-RAY?

agree with all said, and magic's biggest secrets finally revealed looks like wide screen sd. love my ps3 as a blu ray player. I need to know, what is the bitrate of mynetwork, when your sending hd programing, smackdowns bitrate would help, and the audio bitate 1280 by 720p video ? audio ?  thanks

atigod

Quote from: Jimboy;50090That may have been the last occurrence, it was a Friday night.
Can you post a screen capture of it?

Resetting it every night involves a lost of HD for about 5 minutes.

dont have a screen capture of it, but I took pictures of the screen,

how about resetting the encoder before prime time starts, or every  morning, if you can

Jimboy

Quote from: atigod;50091agree with all said, and magic's biggest secrets finally revealed looks like wide screen sd. love my ps3 as a blu ray player. I need to know, what is the bitrate of mynetwork, when your sending hd programing, smackdowns bitrate would help, and the audio bitate 1280 by 720p video ? audio ?  thanks

What we send......as My24-HD
OTA maximum bitrate = 19.392658Mbs
OTA HD Encoder Video = 18Mbs 1280x720p
OTA Audio = 448Kbs
The rest is PSIP and other Ancillary data.

Update.
FOX/MyNet  sends 15Mbs video but I have seen it upwards around 34Mbs. Depends on the feed.

atigod

Quote from: Jimboy;50093What we send......as My24-HD
OTA Audio = 448Kbs

FOX sends 15Mbs.

if its sent that way then you guys are doing everything you can. how you know fox is 15mbs, and fox's audio bitrate? how can you check this? id like to know all the networks quality. its all about the bitrate, good large file mpeg2

I posted screens on page 2

atigod

Quote from: Jimboy;50093What we send......as My24-HD
OTA Audio = 448Kbs

Update.
FOX/MyNet  sends 15Mbs video but I have seen it upwards around 34Mbs. Depends on the feed.

I thought the maxim bitrate for OTA is 19mbs, so how can it do 34mbs?

atigod

I was watching WWE Smackdown from 12/26/08 and after the first hour mark in the program it dropped down to a sd feed, when the MYNETWORK 24 logo displayed on the bottom, and 15 or 30 seconds later it came back hd. alot of networks have this problem NBC really has it when they display weather info or pop ups, logos and then they forget to switch the HD feed back, and then shows are ruined. I understand they cant put up local news logos without dropping to sd. besides money, why arnt they able to put up info without dropping to sd? they can put up some graphics, but not others. It can really ruin a program for good.

and why does fox mynetwork use 15mbs and not 19mbps? is it bandwidth costs?
or in other words can you tell me the exact bitrate of smackdown if you know? thanks

atigod

I read a older post the you guys have dolby equipment but the network wont send you anything but stereo, very weird

Jimboy

Quote from: atigod;50227I thought the maxim bitrate for OTA is 19mbs, so how can it do 34mbs?

Typical network satellite feeds are sent anywhere from 8Mbs to 38Mbs for HD sources. The ATSC spec is 19.392658. The video is re-encoded at the local level to the ATSC spec.

Quote from: atigod;50228I was watching WWE Smackdown from 12/26/08 and after the first hour mark in the program it dropped down to a sd feed, when the MYNETWORK 24 logo displayed on the bottom, and 15 or 30 seconds later it came back hd. alot of networks have this problem NBC really has it when they display weather info or pop ups, logos and then they forget to switch the HD feed back, and then shows are ruined. I understand they cant put up local news logos without dropping to sd. besides money, why arnt they able to put up info without dropping to sd? they can put up some graphics, but not others. It can really ruin a program for good.

and why does fox mynetwork use 15mbs and not 19mbps? is it bandwidth costs?
or in other words can you tell me the exact bitrate of smackdown if you know? thanks

Not sure what happened on 12/26. Our logs indicate the HD receiver aired for the entire event. It's possible that MyNet dropped to upconverted SD on their end.

I don't know what they send for Smackdown as far as bitrate. You wouldn't see any real difference between 15 and 19Mbs anyway (35Mbs you would).

Quote from: atigod;50229I read a older post the you guys have dolby equipment but the network wont send you anything but stereo, very weird

Not all affiliates have the equipment to pass 5.1 surround so the networks incentive to offer it isn't real high. I heard the network may consider this in the future.

Quote from: atigod;50264?????????????

Yes you have many questions. Try contacting WWE Corporate.

atigod

Quote from: Jimboy;50267Typical network satellite feeds are sent anywhere from 8Mbs to 38Mbs for HD sources. The ATSC spec is 19.392658. The video is re-encoded at the local level to the ATSC spec.

Not sure what happened on 12/26. Our logs indicate the HD receiver aired for the entire event. It's possible that MyNet dropped to upconverted SD on their end.

I don't know what they send for Smackdown as far as bitrate. You wouldn't see any real difference between 15 and 19Mbs anyway (35Mbs you would).

Not all affiliates have the equipment to pass 5.1 surround so the networks incentive to offer it isn't real high. I heard the network may consider this in the future.

Yes you have many questions. Try contacting WWE Corporate.

iv emailed WWE Corporate, mynetwork, everything! your the only one that responded and helped. THANK YOU for replying. no one else seems to care!