• Welcome to Milwaukee HDTV User Group.

News:

If your having any issues logging in, please email admin@milwaukeehdtv.org with your user name, and we'll get you fixed up!

Main Menu

Unbelievable .. MPTV / inauguration

Started by duncantuna, Tuesday Jan 20, 2009, 11:31:09 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

duncantuna

Unbelievable.  MPTV put the inauguration on their SD channel, saving their precious HD channel for @?#!#@$% Dragon Tales!!!

When will they learn.  HD content goes on HD channels.  Yes, they are committed to children's programming .. but come on.  Children should have been watching this.

Just moronic.

mrschimpf

Quote from: duncantuna;50211Unbelievable.  MPTV put the inauguration on their SD channel, saving their precious HD channel for @?#!#@$% Dragon Tales!!!

When will they learn.  HD content goes on HD channels.  Yes, they are committed to children's programming .. but come on.  Children should have been watching this.

Just moronic.

And you wonder why I groaned when TWC took off WHA/WPT because it "duplicated PBS programming"...They aired it all in HD.

I have to wonder what's been WMVS's programming direction lately when it comes to HD programming. Some of the HD kids shows are produced in HD, yet they air in SD. It doesn't make sense, and the 'financial/electrical savings' argument is moot since they transmit the station with the blue pillarboxes.

AndrewP

Common, that was shown an every other public channel in HD. Leave kids stuff to kids.

Bebop

I missed WHA they don't censor PBS programming. That's a different subject.

Panasonic TH-50PX60U
Panasonic TH-42PZ85U
HDHomeRun

Bebop

Quote from: mrschimpf;50212And you wonder why I groaned when TWC took off WHA/WPT because it "duplicated PBS programming"...They aired it all in HD.

Milwaukee PBS station censors some of the programs. WHA does not.

Panasonic TH-50PX60U
Panasonic TH-42PZ85U
HDHomeRun

Stanley Kritzik

Isn't it more important to have a kid's program in HD than an ordinary (OK, once in a lifetime) inauguration of a President -- the first Black one at that?  A new administration coming at a very perilous time in our history?

Let's keep our priorities straight.  The only thing that would have made an SD inauguration even more perfect is if there was a weather crawl along the bottom -- announcing "No Snow At All!".

Courage, mates.

What are we to do about these dunderheads?

Stan

AndrewP

Again, it was in HD on CBS, NBC, Fox, CNN, FoxNewsHD.
Isn't it enough?
:wave:

duncantuna

Quote from: AndrewP;50251Again, it was in HD on CBS, NBC, Fox, CNN, FoxNewsHD.
Isn't it enough?
:wave:

Yes, and no.   Using that logic, you could suggest that 5 networks is too much as well.  Let CNN show it, the other networks could just go on with their regular programming, right?

I wanted to watch PBS because I believe their commentators are better than CBS/NBC/ABC/FOX, etc.   I did not, because the visuals were much more important on that day.

I am not suggesting they should have not shown the kiddie programming, I am suggesting they should have swapped the channels. --  I cannot fathom why they would ever put children's programming on their HD channel.  It just makes no sense, not today, nor on the biggest governmental day of the year.

WITI6fan

Quote from: duncantuna;50257I cannot fathom why they would ever put children's programming on their HD channel.  It just makes no sense, not today, nor on the biggest governmental day of the year.

Because we live in the Milwaukee TV market, where it's backwards day every day!