• Welcome to Milwaukee HDTV User Group.

News:

If your having any issues logging in, please email admin@milwaukeehdtv.org with your user name, and we'll get you fixed up!

Main Menu

Power outage today affected some digital signals

Started by tvboy, Monday Jan 19, 2009, 08:50:21 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

tvboy

This afternoon I noticed that the digital channels on 10, 18, 24, 30, 36 and analog channel 38 were off the air this afternoon for a couple of hours because of the power failure on the north side of the city.  So the PBS, The CW, My Network, independent christian programming and Azteca operate their digital signals from the tower on the MATC property near where the power went out today.  Even with that situation happening, WTMJ, which is next to the MATC Tower, with a direct line to the power grid, stayed on the air even though everything else around them had no power.  The good thing is that the power got restored right before 5 pm.  Did anyone else notice this too?

WITI6fan

Apparently those channels haven't invested in a UPS system or have a faulty one.

WPXE ION

On my way to the site I noticed every other light was out on Capitol Drive.

A rep from WE Energies told me they were doing maintenance on one of two main feeds into a sub-station. While doing maintenance the other feed went down which caused the outage across the area.

I have a generator which is why I was still on air.

techguy1975

Isn't this the site where analog 18 is as well?   I seem to remember them getting knocked off before during other power outages in this area.