• Welcome to Milwaukee HDTV User Group.

News:

If your having any issues logging in, please email admin@milwaukeehdtv.org with your user name, and we'll get you fixed up!

Main Menu

How To Set Your HD Channels As First Priority in Navigator

Started by Jack 1000, Wednesday Jan 21, 2009, 01:45:09 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jack 1000

I thought I would share this with you guys: (Credit to user, "Crazy Woody" over in the AVS forums for this info.)

PLEASE READ THIS WHOLE POST BEFORE DOING THIS AND NOTE MY SIDE-NOTE:

Many people out there with HD sets are often complaining that their kids or spouses who are not tech savvy are often recording SD versions of shows instead of their HD counterpart.  Navigator does provide a way to sort by "Favorites First"  If you want, you can customize Navigator so that ALL of the HD content shows in the grid first, AND that the HD content will be quickly accessed when the Favorites button is pressed:

IF YOU HAVE AN HD SET AND AN HD CABLE BOX, HERE IS HOW TO SET IT UP SO THAT HD CONTENT SHOWS FIRST IN THE GUIDE.

1.) Make a list of all of your Favorite Channels.

2.)  CLEAR YOUR EXISTING FAVORITES by going under SETTINGS and SET UP FAVORITES.  Than select CLEAR ALL.  (This will clear all your Favorite Channels from the guide by removing the stars next to each of them.  If you don't do this step, Favorites will simply be added in numerical order.)

3.) After Clearing your Favorites, go to the Set Up Favorites and rapid page scroll up/down (using the Page +/- key) to get to the channels in the HD range (500)

4.) Mark each 500 HD channel that you want to be listed as a favorite.  Finish any and each HD channel that you want to be a favorite.  Exit out.

5.) Under Favorite Channels, select "Sort By Favorites"  HD channels should now be listed first in the guide.

SIDENOTE:  Note sure if adding adding SD channels after all HD channels have been favored will put those SD channels in sequential order or not.  But the point is, if you follow steps 1-5, you can get to your HD channels quickly and in an organized way.

Any problems or issues with this, please post!

Jack
Cisco 9865 DVR with Navigator Guide