News:

If your having any issues logging in, please email admin@milwaukeehdtv.org with your user name, and we'll get you fixed up!

Main Menu

Membership size

Started by Gregg Lengling, Tuesday Sep 17, 2002, 09:27:00 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Gregg Lengling

At the rate we're going we should break 200 members in a few days.  Lot's of new members....I almost think now that there is some hype (they are actually advertising the STB's in the Sunday Ad. Sections), I wonder if we will see a huge influx, maybe 500 before years end.  Never know, I know there have to be at least that number of viewers around the area but just not informed about us.

Here's an idea, we need to make a promotional poster about the site and make it real nice looking so the high-end stores that sell the HD's and STB's can post it near the product.  I would think we could talk anyone into letting us put it up as it could help sway persons who are on the edge and just won't move on the sale.

What say guys....???

------------------
Gregg R. Lengling
RCA P61310 61" 16x9
glengling@ameritech.net
Gregg R. Lengling, W9DHI
Living the life with a 65" Aquos
glengling at milwaukeehdtv dot org  {fart}

Todd Wiedemann

Absolutely. We've been wanting to do this for a while.

Do we know any commercial printers ?

I may have a favor I can call in if we need to ...

Gregg Lengling

With the technology today I don't think we need a commercial printer to do a nice 8-1/2 by 11 sign.  Done in good photographic quality it can be made to be an eye grabber and won't be considered a nuisance by the vendors because of the size.  I have high quality color printing equipment to do the job.  (One of my hobbies is photography and I have a couple digital cameras including a Fuji S1 Pro Digital SLR).

------------------
Gregg R. Lengling
RCA P61310 61" 16x9
glengling@ameritech.net
Gregg R. Lengling, W9DHI

Todd Wiedemann

I remember, isn't that the one you showed me ?

What would you use to print the signs ?

I'm not bad with layout and composition.

... still want to do the t-shirts, too.

Gregg Lengling

Yeah that's the one....We can do layout and everything on computers and then e-mail it back and forth to tweak it.  I think a good idea would be for everyone interested and capable to draft up a design and we can share with each other.  Between all the designs we can come up with enough ideas to come up with a great/simple/informative design.  The old rule of thumb, if you want someone to read it...make it simple and attention getting.
Gregg R. Lengling, W9DHI

rnelson

HI Guy's

I offered it before.  I have a Huge HP CLJ8500PS Color Laserjet (2000 Sheet Bin) that produces photorealistic Color.  Just let me know.

Roy

tenth_t2

Dang, I wish I was more creative.

I'm willing to help somehow, and certainly would like a T-Shirt.

Maybe something with a logo/web address on the front boobie, and something like HDTV: You Got it?  on the back.  Something simple, yet catchy.  Got Milk?  Got HDTV? (Would we get sue'd for this one??)

Hmmm....

Greg O.

Matt Heebner

I thought it would be cool to have the web-sites name on the front "pocket" area, or boobie area as described above, the on the back have a line that says something like:

Livin life in 1080i

High Definition

Matt

tenth_t2

How can we simply, yet elegantly, represent the much clearer picture.  Maybe a fuzzy expression, and a clear saying?

C'mon you marketing/artistic folks!

Gregg Lengling

Well it looks like you guys are taking the ball and running with it.  We got someone offering a great Laser to the printing for posters and flyers.  I sent Todd a first draft poster via e-mail.....very bland with the website logo, but he likes the text I added...so he's going to do some playing with it.  Anyone that is interested in taking a stab, send me an email and I email you what we have so far and you take the file and play with it.  Then Todd and I will take all the ideas from the membership and try to make it all work...at that time I'll post it on my website and put the link here.

Thanks guys, great to see you step up to the plate.  For the Shirts we'll have to find a cheap screen printer, I do have one lead in Grafton through a friend I'll check on it.
TTFN

------------------
Gregg R. Lengling
RCA P61310 61" 16x9
glengling@ameritech.net
Gregg R. Lengling, W9DHI

HiFiTy

If we have posters or handouts, I can have them put up or handed out at the Colders in Oak Creek.  I can offer it to the other two locations in West Allis and Delafield.  I already have the website listed on the business cards that I hand out to people.  I always make sure to mention this site to anyone I talk to about HDTV.  I figure, the more a customer knows about HDTV and what is available, the easier my (part-time) job is.

------------------
Damon Oeth
Full Time Engineer
Part Time Colder's Electronics Sales

ReesR

fantastic!  Good to hear.

------------------
Rees Roberts
Racine, WI
reesr@wi.net

HDTV Receiver:  Sony KD-34XBR2
Bi-directional Yagi Antenna at 30 feet

Todd Wiedemann

Ok. I've been slacking a bit on my commitment to this group. I'm going to get the t-shirt design and posters/handouts mocked up this weekend.

Work has been busy, yada yada ...

Sorry guys.

ReesR

What is happening on this idea?  Any updates?

Gregg Lengling

I think it's in Todd's corner...but he's got kids and a wife...one or the other is enough but juggling a wife, kids, a job and hobbies is a bear.....but I'm happy I'm an empty nester and my wife and I don't interfere with each other's hobbies.

------------------
Gregg R. Lengling
RCA P61310 61" 16x9
glengling@ameritech.net
Gregg R. Lengling, W9DHI