• Welcome to Milwaukee HDTV User Group.

News:

If your having any issues logging in, please email admin@milwaukeehdtv.org with your user name, and we'll get you fixed up!

Main Menu

WTMJ preparing for HD?

Started by WITI6fan, Sunday Jan 11, 2009, 06:50:12 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

WITI6fan

Radar is all screwed up and has a new graphic...

jrh1985

Quote from: WITI6fan;50005Radar is all screwed up and has a new graphic...

When was this?

WITI6fan

Quote from: jrh1985;50006When was this?

This is still going on, I'm not sure when it started.

REVM1M

I don't think they getting ready fot HD. They are getting ready for snow strom of tomorrow that we are to get 1" to 3" , to intrupt all the HD programing and show us 24 hours of snow covers of course on SD.

greenskingIV

I bet channel 4 is praying that they push back the digital switch over so they they can show weather banners, school closings and pet shop closings 24/7 during 2 inch snow storms.

chamber79

Quote from: WITI6fan;50005Radar is all screwed up and has a new graphic...

That's just channel 4 de-Weather Plussing their graphics package since nbc bailed on the Weather Plus idea.

murdoc

WTMJ airs programs in HD???  Could have fooled me. :huh?:

Stanley Kritzik

Quote from: greenskingIV;50014I bet channel 4 is praying that they push back the digital switch over so they they can show weather banners, school closings and pet shop closings 24/7 during 2 inch snow storms.

Don't you just LOVE to see some "reporter" all bundled up, outside, standing hip deep ... er, shoe sole deep in a couple of inches of snow?  Why the H*** don't they simply have someone read off the snow depth -- occasionally?  My favorite recent memopry was when a truck lost a load of pig entrails, and the poor sap of a reporter was out there on I-43 standing in, and smelling, the stuff on the road.

It's no wonder that local news is losing its viewership.

Stan

Jack 1000

Quote from: greenskingIV;50014I bet channel 4 is praying that they push back the digital switch over so they they can show weather banners, school closings and pet shop closings 24/7 during 2 inch snow storms.

LOL!!  Cosign!  For some strange reason Weather banner info over-exaggerated in Milwaukee by WTMJ management must be drawing ratings.  Who's the demographic that is drawn to this?  I would suspect it is not the tech savvy or people interested in new technologies but little old ladies who are obsessed with getting this information.  

However, if this is true, why do other cities in close proximity not make a big federal case about the weather?  Our board members in Kenosha, who are able to pick up Chicago stations, report that Illinois does not have this same Weather Obsession as Wisconsin.  It's interesting to note that Chicago weather can be just as bad as Wisconsin weather.  It's not like there is a totally different demographic of people living in Chicago compared to people in Milwaukee.  It can't exclusively be a channel 4 Milwaukee management issue because Milwaukee stations, 6,  12, and 58 are almost as bad.  Any theories?

Jack
Cisco 9865 DVR with Navigator Guide