News:

If your having any issues logging in, please email admin@milwaukeehdtv.org with your user name, and we'll get you fixed up!

Main Menu

WDJT post Feb 17th

Started by AA9VI, Tuesday Jan 20, 2009, 03:30:48 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

AA9VI

How is WDJT-DT  (CBS) going to handle the issue of WMEU-DT on the same channel (RF 46) once WMEU-DT signs on?
http://www.fcc.gov/fcc-bin/tvq?call=WMEU&city=&state=

I bet Kenosha and Racine to some extent in the spring-fall will get some pixelating due to tropo band enhancement and the fact that the two transmitters aren't that far away.  Am I wrong?

Personally, I'm disappointed that I'll lose WDJT from my place in the northern 'burbs of Chicago.  Stupid FCC... I'd just like to know why WMEU isn't flash cutting back to RF channel 48.

troyriley

Way to go, FCC. Being such low power, I don't think it would present much of a threat to WDJT from Waukegan north (although you do bring up a good point about spring and fall). The good thing is WDJT is on the highest tower in town and is much more powerful than the low power Chicago station. For you in Northbrook, I would definitely worry about losing 58. The only possible thing you could do is mount your antenna facing north, with something thick blocking the signal from the south as much as you can.

As for channel 48, WBME will continue to have their digital signal on that frequency. I'm sure about 99% of us here would rather lose old TV shows than a CBS affiliate, but the FCC won't care about that.

AA9VI

Quote from: troyriley;50217As for channel 48, WBME will continue to have their digital signal on that frequency. I'm sure about 99% of us here would rather lose old TV shows than a CBS affiliate, but the FCC won't care about that.

So, why not have 2 low powered digital stations on the same frequency rather than a 1 MW station and a low powered digital?  Geez... that might make sense to minimize interference.

Nels Harvey

WDJT and WMEU are both owned by Weigel Broadcasting.  That's probably part of the situation.

Nels....
Nels....
Retired TV Engineer
Resident, State of Mequon
Sharp 70" LCD, E* VIP 612 HD DVR,
40" Sony LCD, E* VIP 722K HD DVR.

WITI6fan

Quote from: Nels Harvey;50295WDJT and WMEU are both owned by Weigel Broadcasting.  That's probably part of the situation.

Nels....

Is it all part of the companies plan to eliminate TV reception in Waukegen?

:deadair: