News:

If your having any issues logging in, please email admin@milwaukeehdtv.org with your user name, and we'll get you fixed up!

Main Menu

RR slow for 2 days now

Started by basshive, Wednesday Jan 14, 2009, 11:06:05 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jack 1000

Quote from: Bebop;50260For some reasons, I never had any problem with TW tech support. About six months ago, I noticed my download speed was dropping. I called them on a Saturday and they sent a tech out on Sunday (which surprised me). The problem was that my modem was over heating.

I have called them a handful of times in the past 8 years and all my technical problems were solved relatively quick. All I have is RR, not even a cable subscriber. Go figure. :)

That's wonderful to hear some encouraging news like that.  The only recent problem we had was our Digital Phone Outage which affected several cities.  The line was busy all day and night.  It turned out the problem was resolvable by resetting the phone router.  What TWC SHOULD have done was to put a message on their website or sent calls to their voicemail that they were aware of the problem and how customers could fix it.  That's absurd to have a major outage like that and not being able to get through to a major corporation because the line is busy for several hours.  At least a voice mail message would have been something.  I would sure hate to use their Digital Phone service and have to call 9-1-1 for emergency help, only to get a busy signal!  This is serious.

I did complain to a company executive. and hopefully some changes will be made within TWC's inter-structure to inform customers of how to deal with emergency outages.  They need tons more competent staff working to answer the phones and a better system to deal with emergency outages.

Than TWC needs better training for their field techs and support people.  Cable companies have to work to establish better communication skills with their customers, and better trained service people.  Don't they see how much other media makes fun of the "cable guy?"  Get better personell and response teams for your Milwaukee Wisconsin division.  It's always the same thing, like I know more about their services than they do.  I should not have to go through to a level 3 supervisor to get someone who knows what they are talking about.  There's absolutely no reason, NO REASON for the bull***** that the poster who had to spend time on-line, on the phone, going back and forth to Mayfair, because some CSR dolts did not know or could not tell him that they had problems with Road Runner.

Other than that horrible Digital Phone issue, my service with TWC has been good for many years. However, those CSR's are so stupid.  But you can't blame them.  It's poor training from upper managment and it sucks!

Jack
Cisco 9865 DVR with Navigator Guide

basshive

Agreed. I slam TW hard for the TV services because I truely believe them to be sub-par right now. Their internet offerings however have served me very very for years now. If only their staff were a little more equiped :)
Sony KDF-60XS955 - Living Room
Samsung LN32A450 - Master Bedroom
Samsung BDP-1600
Samsung DVD-HD850
DirecTV HR-21
DirecTV H-20
DirecTV R-22
DirecTV R-15
DirecTV Packers Remote RC64RB
Sling Media Slingbox AV - SB240-100
Yamaha YSP-900BL Digital Sound Projector Home Theater Speaker System
AppleTV
Microsoft XBOX 360
Harmony Advanced Universal Remote for Xbox 360

Danno321

Quote from: basshive;50061Is anyone else experiencing very slow speeds from RR? For 2 days now my wife has been complaining and I noticed it myself last night with just general web surfing. She is going to reboot the modem later but things are very slow for us.

Is it most noticeable on sending large email attachment?  If so, then it is TWC non-disclosed application traffic-shaping causing your issue.  If you have the old Motorola Surfboard modem exchange it for the Scientific Atlanta turbo modem.  I had intermittent problems with email send until I did this.