News:

If your having any issues logging in, please email admin@milwaukeehdtv.org with your user name, and we'll get you fixed up!

Main Menu

Netscape 6.2.3

Started by Pat, Monday Jul 29, 2002, 09:46:00 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Pat

It seems to lock up on the front page every time -- have to cancel with Task Manager.  Old version, 4.77, gets through.

Tom Snyder

Hmm... I skipped over 6 and went right to 7. For a ton of reasons, I'm a HUGE Nestcape/Mozille fan, but 6 was a piece O'Crap, so I stuck with 4.xx until 7 came out. It's still a Beta, but it runs tons better than either 4 or 6 (and actually Mozilla 1 smokes both of them in performance). The home page comes up fine for me on both.  

Do the inside pages lock up as well?
Tom Snyder
Administrator and Webmaster for milwaukeehdtv.org
tsnyder@milwaukeehdtv.org

Pat

Never get to the inside.  One of the buttons is half drawn (just a white rectangle) and then it stops.  Task manager shows big CPU usage, so I guess it's in an endless loop.

Tom Snyder

Try clearing your cache... I just used the standard hover button applet included in Front page, and it may have gotten corrupted and now it's stuck in your cache

(Edit/Preferences/Advanced/Cache)
Tom Snyder
Administrator and Webmaster for milwaukeehdtv.org
tsnyder@milwaukeehdtv.org

Pat

I just gave up and deleted the files before I saw your cache suggestion.  Tried the beta of Netscape.  Tried Mozilla's latest.  No dice.  Still using 4.77 or Explorer.  I don't plan to re-obtain them and try again.