News:

If your having any issues logging in, please email admin@milwaukeehdtv.org with your user name, and we'll get you fixed up!

Main Menu

58.1 pixelation & audio drops DTV HR21 & HR22

Started by dslomski, Sunday Jan 04, 2009, 02:26:00 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

dslomski

Anyone having problems with HD content on 58.1?  I rarely watch 58, but the last few weeks I've had the problems mostly during football.

Happens on both the HR21 and HR22 w/AM21 boxes.  I watch all local off the antenna, and no problems on 4.1, 6.1, or 12.1.  Not sure if it could be an antenna or cabling issue.

Thanks.
DAVE

RonH

My AM21 has been acting up lately.  I get lines of pixelation accross the screen occasionally.  There's always been the issue on 58-1 during primetime when the fade to black or come back for commercial, but that's never bothered me much.

For me the pixelation and jitters happen mostly on 4-1, which is my poorest signal from my antenna.  However if I just run the antenna feed right into my TV it works perfectly.  I think the AM21 recievers are not as robust.  For this reason I have my guide set up to use 4 via D* and most of the other locals via antenna.

If 58 is your weakest signal we may be having similar issues.

Tom Snyder

I frequently get multipath on 58-1 in our master bedroom when it's very windy and the woods behind my house are swaying.  Last Sunday it got so bad, I had to switch to the SD feed via D*
Tom Snyder
Administrator and Webmaster for milwaukeehdtv.org
tsnyder@milwaukeehdtv.org

Stanley Kritzik

I've noticed the problem in reverse.  My OTA signals are good, but I've had pixelation on a few D* channels, such as ML10 and ML58.  I haven't had a good look at my dish, which may have picked up a layer of ice, so I'm not sure what's going on.  It keeps us on out toes, though!

Stan

Stanley Kritzik

I must have had ice on my dish, or D* was messing with their satellite, 'cause after one day of pixelization on some channels, all is back to normal.

Stan

RonH

Are you still back to normal?  Almost all the OTA channels seem to be acting up with the AM21 for the past month, actually since the last software update roughly.  I get horizontal bars running across the screen for a split second, the lower left corner goes crazy with pixelation when fast forwarding with the DVR, and occasional audio drop outs that last for a split second.  If I run it straight into the TV it is fine.

I even crawled up into the attic to confirm the antenna didn't fall down or something.

Stanley Kritzik

If you look at DBSTalk.com, you'll find an extensive discussion about tuner 2 problems with HR21 boxes with the December 0x2af firmware update.  Apparently DirecTV finally has acknowledged that there is a problem.  If you think yours is related, try these steps:

1.  Tune in any old channel and start recording it.  This ties up tuner 2, which is the default tuner on an HR21.

2  Tune in the channel you've been having a problem with while the recording is going on.  This will now be accessed by tuner 1.  If that cures the problem, you have the common disease, and, supposedly, DirecTV will be fixing it, though most D* CSRs deny there's a problem (sigh).  If that doesn't cure the problem, you'll have to look elsewhere.

Stan

RonH

Is this issue for both the sat tuners as well as the am21 tuners? I noticed recently that my tuner2 sat signal is always lower than tuner 1, even if I swap the cables.  Is that the same issue?