• Welcome to Milwaukee HDTV User Group.

News:

If your having any issues logging in, please email admin@milwaukeehdtv.org with your user name, and we'll get you fixed up!

Main Menu

TWC/Viacom Have Reached A Deal!: No Blackout!

Started by Jack 1000, Thursday Jan 01, 2009, 12:15:00 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jack 1000

I turned on the affectred channels after Midnight.  All were still there!  Than I found this story from Yahoo:

http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/viacom_time_warner_cable

Jack
Cisco 9865 DVR with Navigator Guide

OlsonNet

If only TWC cared about those of us with CableCARDS missing huge chunks of channels for months as much as they did about this stuff...

Mark Strube

I found this rather humorous... excerpts from a Journal Sentinel article...

Quote"I'm not sure what I'm going to do," said Jason Leiber of Oak Creek, whose 3-year-old daughter loves watching Nickelodeon's "Dora the Explorer" on Noggin, which was to be pulled from Time Warner's cable lineup at 12:01 a.m. today.
Leiber said he tried to call the company at least 75 times Wednesday but never got through.

Debra Warpechowski of Cudahy also tried to call the company at 6:30 Wednesday morning but never talked with a representative. Her 3-year-old son, Tyler, loves the Noggin channel.

"He's really going to miss these shows, and personally so am I, because they really are educational for him," Warpechowski said as Tyler watched "Pinky Dinky Doo," a show on Noggin, in the background.

Really? You're so freaked out that your kid might have to go a few weeks without Dora The Explorer, you tried to call TWC at least 75 times? I also love the way it's worded, "I'm not sure what I'm going to do," as if the power grid will die when those channels go dark. Have these people never heard of satellite, or ::gasp:: the Internet? I realize some people are rather attached to the concept of cable, but wow. That's kind of pathetic.

UncleMeat

Quote from: Mark Strube;49895I found this rather humorous... excerpts from a Journal Sentinel article...

Really? You're so freaked out that your kid might have to go a few weeks without Dora The Explorer, you tried to call TWC at least 75 times? I also love the way it's worded, "I'm not sure what I'm going to do," as if the power grid will die when those channels go dark. Have these people never heard of satellite, or ::gasp:: the Internet? I realize some people are rather attached to the concept of cable, but wow. That's kind of pathetic.

Hysterical.  These are the same parents that can't go for a 5 minute drive to the store without turning on the DVD players in the back seat for the kids (if you don't have dual screens, you're not cool btw).  

I still remember when I was a kid and we didn't have cable, there just weren't kids shows on at all hours.  So I got to watch the news, sports or sitcoms.  Somehow, I survived and am still a productive member of society.

Jack 1000

Quote from: Mark Strube;49895I found this rather humorous... excerpts from a Journal Sentinel article...

Hahahahaha!

Great article Mark!

I wonder what would have happened of the TWC/Viacom deal had fallen threw.  We would have kids killing their parents or threatening to do so because they couldn't watch Dora the Explorer!  Little brats that have the attention spans of hummingbirds! hahaha.

However, I'm glad a deal was reached anyway.  It's still hard to explain to kids and many adults who don't understand the politics and b.s of this business, especially when you have a channel like Nickelodeon that's been around for ever.  I'd rather have that to shut the kids up than listen to the crying and screaming  I can't take that crap.

Jack
Cisco 9865 DVR with Navigator Guide