News:

If your having any issues logging in, please email admin@milwaukeehdtv.org with your user name, and we'll get you fixed up!

Main Menu

Uverse Install Questions

Started by VoltronMaximus, Friday Oct 17, 2008, 08:05:36 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

TPK

Quote from: VoltronMaximus;48995Ok, so everything went smooth on install day. The guy showed up an hour early. Was very knowlegable about everything and said it was one of the easiest installs that had that many network devises. Total install time was about an hour and a half, but I shot the sheet with him for about an hour after. This was by far the best install I ever had (compared to a D*Tv install 10yrs ago where the guy left a funny odor in the house and a TWC install 5yrs ago where I thought the 2 kids where going to come back and rob me).

One and a half hour install?? Thats amazing....

Did they put in new wiring or use existing wiring??  Did he provide another network switch for you (for those other devices), or did you put one in yourself beforehand??

VoltronMaximus

Quote from: TPK;48999One and a half hour install?? Thats amazing....

Did they put in new wiring or use existing wiring??  Did he provide another network switch for you (for those other devices), or did you put one in yourself beforehand??

Yes a 1 1/2hr install. He showed up at 11 and had all devices and both boxes working at about 12:30.

He brought a new 2Wire DSLmodem/router (almost as big as the box) and an 8port gigabit switch. He also did all new wiring. When he seen the layout of the existing wiring and where the phone outlets where, he said "This is going to be too easy". He ran the new wiring to 2 rooms within 15mins. He also noted that if we had lived on the 2nd floor, it would have been a much longer time. He left at about 1:45 but that was after talking for about an hour.

Also should point out that he asked me if I wanted to install the box in the bedroom while he did the living room. I smiled like a kid on Xmas and replied like a sailor "Hell yeah". So I did give a lil assistance.

Chinatown

Quote from: VoltronMaximus;49058Yes a 1 1/2hr install. He showed up at 11 and had all devices and both boxes working at about 12:30.

He brought a new 2Wire DSLmodem/router (almost as big as the box) and an 8port gigabit switch. He also did all new wiring. When he seen the layout of the existing wiring and where the phone outlets where, he said "This is going to be too easy". He ran the new wiring to 2 rooms within 15mins. He also noted that if we had lived on the 2nd floor, it would have been a much longer time. He left at about 1:45 but that was after talking for about an hour.

Also should point out that he asked me if I wanted to install the box in the bedroom while he did the living room. I smiled like a kid on Xmas and replied like a sailor "Hell yeah". So I did give a lil assistance.

What programming package did you get?................& are you pleased, thus far?

Danno321

buy at monoprice.com (and for all your advanced cable needs).

VoltronMaximus

Quote from: Chinatown;49316What programming package did you get?................& are you pleased, thus far?

I am very pleased so far. Everything looks great and the price is right. I have 2 boxes, U200 w/HD, Elite DSL and Uverse phone (just like digital phone) for 125 a month

Chinatown

Quote from: VoltronMaximus;49767I am very pleased so far. Everything looks great and the price is right. I have 2 boxes, U200 w/HD, Elite DSL and Uverse phone (just like digital phone) for 125 a month

I opted to stay with Dish. They offered me another HD DVR  for $25.00. Of course, it included a 24 month commitment. Plus HBO & Starz for 3 months free.

Overall, I as well, am pleased. Was also able to opt for the all HD package. Saves me $40.00 per month Only channel I am really missing from the SD format is Turner Classics. But can't beat the savings.

And, by the way, haven't lost the signal, even with all the lousy weather.