News:

If your having any issues logging in, please email admin@milwaukeehdtv.org with your user name, and we'll get you fixed up!

Main Menu

24-1 bad audio

Started by StarvingForHDTV, Wednesday Dec 10, 2008, 07:34:00 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

StarvingForHDTV

Lately the audio on 24-1 has been poor.  It is hard to describe, but it is annoying.  Has anyone else noticed this?

StarvingForHDTV

In the past I always changed channels and never came back.  This time I stuck with it because I wanted to watch Home Alone.  During the commercial break it stopped.

58-1 used to have a problem where static type noise built up until it reset.  This seems similar but I can't be sure.

Jimboy

Two things going on here......

There's a warble in the audio that's heard on the SD & HD versions from MyNet during the movie.....and......
One of our Dolby units (for the HD channel) was replaced last spring due to the static problem. Looks like the problem is back.

Starving - you seem to imply that you have heard the static before? Was it recent? Sometimes it's best to complain.

murdoc

Hearing the static sound right now during Home Alone.  Noticed it OTA on 24-1 and also on D* ML24.

Jimboy

Quote from: murdoc;49553Hearing the static sound right now during Home Alone.  Noticed it OTA on 24-1 and also on D* ML24.

Yea it would be on both.

StarvingForHDTV

Quote from: Jimboy;49551Starving - you seem to imply that you have heard the static before? Was it recent? Sometimes it's best to complain.

It has been recent.  My best guess is the last week or two.  It has been consistently the same audio problem.  I can hear it both through dolby digital out and through analog audio out from my OTA reciever.

Thank you for listening to our complaints.

Jimboy

The static problem has been taken care of. Audio should be good for tonights airing of National Lampoon's "Vacation".

Thanks for posting.

StarvingForHDTV

That worked great, thank you for the quick fix.