News:

If your having any issues logging in, please email admin@milwaukeehdtv.org with your user name, and we'll get you fixed up!

Main Menu

Problems with HD locals from Dish Network

Started by russellj, Friday Dec 05, 2008, 07:05:34 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

russellj

I live in Sheboygan and get the Milwaukee HD locals (except CBS) from Dish Network. They have been a constant problem since they came on line. They pixelate, freeze up or just break apart. I have had my dish and equipment checked out 2 different times and have been told that there is nothing wrong on my end. I have a clear line of sight and all the other channels that I get from their 61.5 sat come in just fine. My signal strength is good so I know that the problem is not there. Does anyone else with Dish Network have problems with their HD locals from Milwaukee? I also get the HD locals OTA but sometimes weather conditions give me a problem here. I was expecting a more reliable signal from Dish but I guess that is just not the case.

Nels Harvey

I have been getting loss of picture from Ch. 12-1 from Dish Network.  My off air signal is just fine (I'm just six miles away with a CM-4228 antenna).  I have changed all my Ch. 12 HD recordings to come from the OTA feeds.  I haven't seen any problems with other stations.

Nels....
Nels....
Retired TV Engineer
Resident, State of Mequon
Sharp 70" LCD, E* VIP 612 HD DVR,
40" Sony LCD, E* VIP 722K HD DVR.

Chinatown

Quote from: russellj;49467I live in Sheboygan and get the Milwaukee HD locals (except CBS) from Dish Network. They have been a constant problem since they came on line. They pixelate, freeze up or just break apart. I have had my dish and equipment checked out 2 different times and have been told that there is nothing wrong on my end. I have a clear line of sight and all the other channels that I get from their 61.5 sat come in just fine. My signal strength is good so I know that the problem is not there. Does anyone else with Dish Network have problems with their HD locals from Milwaukee? I also get the HD locals OTA but sometimes weather conditions give me a problem here. I was expecting a more reliable signal from Dish but I guess that is just not the case.

However, I use a rooftop antenna, and all are crystal clear.