• Welcome to Milwaukee HDTV User Group.

News:

If your having any issues logging in, please email admin@milwaukeehdtv.org with your user name, and we'll get you fixed up!

Main Menu

So Much for Cable Reform.

Started by Bebop, Monday Nov 10, 2008, 11:52:22 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

mhz40

* Cable companies have always been able to decide where they built systems and offered service.

* Cable has been around for 30 years.  Satellite competition for 12 years (?) and telco competition for maybe 24 months in limited areas across the US.  

Company offerings (Satellite, cable, telco) have been expanding at a very high rate. Bundled prices are constantly changing, as well as the services within them.  DVR, HD, Internet, Phone & VOD offerings have evolved into mature offerings in short order... like in the past 3-5 years.
It may be true that basic "cable" service is rising, but how many people are impacted by it?  Certainly not many of you here reading this post.  Most customers are likely to be in a bundled package with TW, U-verse or FiOS.  Judging competitive impact at this time is premature.

LoadStar

If there was a real competitor to cable (read: FiOS) it might have more of an impact; unfortunately, the only terrestrial competitor is U-Verse, and frankly I still don't consider it a very strong competition.

WITI6fan

Quote from: LoadStar;49105If there was a real competitor to cable (read: FiOS) it might have more of an impact; unfortunately, the only terrestrial competitor is U-Verse, and frankly I still don't consider it a very strong competition.

Everyone I know with FiOS loves it and it's fast internet.

WE WANT FiOS!

Sparkman87