News:

If your having any issues logging in, please email admin@milwaukeehdtv.org with your user name, and we'll get you fixed up!

Main Menu

Digital Subchannel Changes (Not Virtual Channels)

Started by SRW1000, Wednesday Dec 10, 2008, 07:20:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

SRW1000

Does anyone know why some of the local channels have switched their digital (actual) subchannels from .1 to .3?  For example, WITI's digital signal is now using 33.3 instead of 33.1.  This seems to be the case with the majority of the stations, with only a few still broadcasting on their .1 subchannel.

Not that it makes any difference to the vast majority of viewers.  Tuners have gotten to the point where actual channels are ignored and/or irrelevant, but on my HDHomerun, the changes stick out like a sore thumb.

Scott

Jimboy

SRW1000

Quote from: Jimboy;49552We didn't make any changes. 18-1 & 24-1
Odd.  My HDHomerun software shows both those channels using the .3 subchannel:

Additionally, if I try entering 61.1 or 25.1 manually into my Sony HDDVR, it says it can't tune to the stations.  If I use 61.3 and 25.3, however, it correctly tunes to 18.1 and 24.1.

I could understand it if it were just one machine or the other, but why would both only recognize the .3 subchannel of the actual digital channel?

Scott

Will

My Sony TV (34XBR960) has always recognized only the ##.3 subchannels when tuning the actual frequency.  I can tune the virtual channel as the proper ##.1 as well.  This has come in handy for me when aiming an antenna, as the tuner gives up if it doesn't lock right away when using the ##.1, but will continously attempt a lock when you dial in the actual channel plus .3.  

I don't know why it does this, though.