News:

If your having any issues logging in, please email admin@milwaukeehdtv.org with your user name, and we'll get you fixed up!

Main Menu

Long Lake Area OTA Reception

Started by No-Muzak-Al, Wednesday Oct 29, 2008, 02:41:01 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

No-Muzak-Al

Hello everybody!

I'm currently working with a close friend who has a home located on the north-east side of Long Lake (Osceola area) in Fond du Lac county.  So far, we have installed 2 different medium range (50 - 70 mile) OTA antennas with mixed results.  The first antenna we installed was a UHF only antenna, and the second is a newly designed "High VHF / UHF" antenna.  We do have a rotor on the antenna, of course, and a pre-amp.

All the Green Bay OTA stations are coming in at 90% to 100% signal strength without any problems.  The problem is with the Milwaukee stations OTA reception and signal strength.  Most of the Milwaukee stations are showing only 20% signal strength or less on average.  We do realize that this area of the lake is in a very "low-lying" area as far as Milwaukee reception.

What I am hoping to find out...  Is there anybody in or around this area (Osceola) getting decent Milwaukee OTA HD signal strength, and what antenna brand and model are you currently using.  We are hoping that we won't have to install a huge "monster" antenna on the house, since the antennas that we see on other homes in the area are not that large.

I am located on the north-east side of Sheboygan using the same antenna system that we just installed at my friend's Long Lake home, and I am having no reception problems whatsoever with Milwaukee or Green Bay OTA reception signal strength, with my signal strengths here between 90% to 100% for both cities.

Any thoughts or advice would be much appreciated for our Long Lake Milwaukee OTA reception problems.

Thanks!

Jimboy

In a low lying area at that distance height is very important.

bradsmainsite

What brand of antenna are you using and type/model number of preamp would be helpful also.